Unpaid Day Off

Chapter 41
Azariah's pov

"I'm just gonna go wait in the kitchen," Noah whispers to me.

"Chicken," I whisper back. He pretends not to hear me.

And now here I am, left alone with two very hostile males. The air in the hallway is crackling with an electric feeling.  One that stings the skin. I know their anger isn't directed at me, but it's still uncomfortable. I lean against the doorway to the bathroom, unsure how much longer I'm gonna be able to hold myself up.

The three of us stand there and stare at each other, wondering who's gonna break the silence first. Guess it might as well be me. "So, how's my car?" I whisper out.

Both of their eyes widen, in unison, at my horrible joke. Also, in unison, they both open their mouths to respond, but then just proceed to open and close them, neither able to form a sentence. "That bad, huh?"

Micah finds his voice first, "You wanna tell us what happened?"

"Car accident." I deadpan. "Not obvious?"

"Azariah," Jace growls out, then steps towards me. "Do not fuck around here."

I step closer to him and wrap my arms around his waist. I make it look like I'm going for a hug, but in reality I kinda need the support right now. My legs arn't gonna hold me up much longer. "I just wanna go to bed" I tell them.

"My dad wants a word first" Micah says.

"Nothing to tell. I wrecked my car, end of story." Because all I can do is whisper, the annoyance in my voice doesn't come across.

"Bullshit. You said you were going to see Zane." Micah is furious, "Did that fucking coward do this to you?"

I step away from Jace and try to make my way towards the stairs. I really need to lay down, and think about how I'm going to handle this whole thing.

"Azariah" Micah grabs my arm, "It was me who pulled you out of your fucking  car and carried you inside. It was also me who called the pack medic to come see you, and me who had to call your parents and Jace here. Shouldn't I at least have the right to know what happened?" He's using his no nonsence voice now.

I crook my finger and beckon his head towards me. He leans down and I place a chaste kiss on his cheek. "Thank you Micah. Please tell your dad I'm fine."

This time I actually make it to the stairs, and get up the first two before I stumble forward and fall to my knees. "Where is she going?" I hear my mom bellow out.

"To her bed. I'll follow the Doctors orders and wake her every couple hours." Jace tells her.

Standard concussion proceedure. One that's annoying at that. I'm sure I'll be just fine come the morning, besides some lingering bruising. "Okay. That's a good idea. We can all talk in the morning." She says.

"I'm going to talk to my father, I'll be up shortly," Micah tells us.

With that, Jace picks me up and carries me the rest of the way. The motion of being bounced around in his arms has me feeling sick. I close my eyes and try to ward off the feeling, but it's no use. "You might want to deposit me in the bathroom, I'm gonna puke," I frantically tell Jace.