Running late

Chapter 1
Azariah's pov

Do you know what the best part of having long black, curly, frizzy, out-of-control hair is? Nothing, that's what.

I swear I would make it to school on time if I could figure out the magical formula on how to tame this mess.
Don't get me wrong, some things work, shampoo then condition then defrizzer then blow dry, iron then add a sleeking serum. But since I don't have 3 hours every day to do that, ponytail it is.

Again.

Now that my hairstyle's been decided, time to get dressed. In high school, we had these awful uniforms we had to wear, grey pants, grey tops, and just for fun matching grey shoes. Thank fuck those days are over. I'm currently enrolled in an advanced medical class here in our pack along with one of my best friends, Micah. And lucky me I get to wear whatever the hell I want.

After high school, Micah and I decided to go into medical training along with our other obligations so we could become better leaders when the time comes.

As I stand in my closet, slowly turning in circles, it dawns on me I need to clean this shit show up. There are enough clothes in here for six grown women and there thrown haphazardly everywhere.

Oh don't get me wrong, some are on hangers but even more are on the floor, currently hiding my second obsession, shoes. And boots and whatever else may be hidden under there.

I suddenly get a flashback to when my other best friend, Jace, unknowingly offered to help me clean my closet.

About a year ago,

" Jace, will you please listen to the words coming out of my mouth, I have to clean my closet or my dad says my car is gone for a month." i huff out in annoyance.

" There's no way it's gonna take all day Azari, my match starts at 8pm and its 1pm now. Even if it took you 5 hours to do, you would still have 2 hours to get ready." He says while pinching the bridge of his nose, clearly annoyed, as if he's explaining this to a 3 year old.

I just stood there starring back at him. He seriously has no clue.

" Fine, how about i help you, then you agree to come to my match" he pleads.

He really doesn't need to beg me, i almost never miss one of his matches. I take every opportunity i get to watch him fight.
You see, it's been Jace's goal for a long time to become a pack warrior. He enrolled in a sort of "boot camp" last year for all wolves who want to prove their the best of the best.
During the off time  camp, the packs take turns holding a "friendly" tournament of sorts . Although anyone who has attended one of these fights, would tell you they're anything but friendly.

The way Jace moves in the fighting ring, you can tell he's a natural born fighter. The boy was magnificent to watch. The way his body moves, it looks effortless.

He's only ever lost 2 matches out of the dozens he's been in, and since i was there to witness both, i call bullshit. However Jace wasn't willing to cheat or use a low blow, unlike others, so he had to swallow those losses and move on.