Little Blue Bullies

Chapter 42
Azariah's pov

"My name is definitely better," I tell Amber for the tenth time.

"It's blue meanies, not bullies. Get over it." She laughs at me.

At first, I wasn't overly happy about being hosed into working on a Saturday, but since it's just the two of us, and at our own lab, it's not too bad.

Amber asked me for help running tests on these bullies. She lost the last two days due to her unwavering loyalty to me. She spent all her time getting into Snowmoons computer system, security system, and Goddess only knows what else. Good thing she's on my side, cause she's one scary bitch.

She already copied the video feed of Zane attacking me, and uploaded his contact list from his email account. Apparently all thats left to do is attatch the video, and send it out. She plans to title it..If this is how your Alpha treats females, I suggest you all run' . I'm not sure now is the right time though.

If he loses his shit, and I'm sure he will, retaliation will be on our horizon. We have enough on our plates at the moment, without the added drama. I would like to focus on who took Ryan and Noah, and figure out these blue things that has Ambers panties in a bunch before adding extra stress.

Amber just completed another round of tests that involved her blood, and she's back to groaning about how it doesn't make sense. I also have no clue as to why this is, but she only asked me here to be more of an assistant anyways. She had to of known I would be clueless.

"If you keep me here to long, you'll have to come car shopping with me today. My baby didn't survive the ordeal you know." I tell her. By the way she's pissing and moaning, I can tell she's not ready to give up any time soon.

"Listen, they didn't just disappear. But when I run the test to separate them from my blood, there gone." She scoffes at me.

"Have you only tried your blood?" I question. Maybe it's just her.

"Hmmm. Hey, can I have a couple of drops of yours?" She asks.

"If it gets me out of here faster, you can have whatever you want." I hold out my finger so she can pick it.

She gets out a new slide, puts a drop of the bullies on, or meanies according to her, sets up the microscope, and then adds the blood. She watches it for a minute, making all sorts of strange sounds, I've come to recognize these as her thinking sounds. She lets out a long breath and sighs. "Yours does it too. It's like they get sucked right in."

I sit down beside her and resign myself that were gonna be here all damn day. "You're taking me out for supper tonight, too. Now that my face looks normal, I can be seen in public."

"Yes, well thank your werewolf genes for that, cause otherewise you would have looked like shit for wee...." She turns with her eyes wide. "Holy shit, that could be the answer."

She jumps up and runs to go check something on her laptop, then comes back over to look at the slide again. "Umm, what answer?" I ask.

"Werewolf genes. We have enhanced healing, were stronger, we don't really ever get sick. It's our genes. Maybe the werewolf gene eliminates the blue meanies. Like it absorbs it, then destroys it, so to speak." She excitedly tells me.