Unwanted Skills

Chapter 10
Azariah's pov

I woke up with a slight tingly feeling all over. I know it's Ari, and she's wanting out but I can't risk it yet. I need to use all the strength I have to hold her back for a few more days until my arm is healed, or else it won't heal properly.

It's times like this that I become super annoyed that her and I can't communicate. She would know that we're injured and wouldn't even think of trying to shift. I hate that there's something wrong with my wolf and I, nobody says anything to me about it but I know they all think it's some kind of rare defect. And it definetly is. We have done enough research to discover that there's no known cases out there, like ever.

So why me? I used to try to meditate and see if we could hear or see each other, but just when we get close I get a headache from hell and usually end up spending the next few days in bed unable to even open my eyes.

I decide to get up and go find something to eat, instead of laying here dwelling on something I can't fix. It's still dark out, but the moon is providing enough light I can see around my room.

I look at my clock, it's only 6:10am, I have a good 4 hours before Zane shows up to take me to the Ambersy pack for the so called tour. More like the peer pressure to get me to go help out, but whatever. I said I would go and I will.

My dad thinks it's a great idea, of course he's not the one that will be doing this. Alpha Garette thinks it's great too, so I at least have to go see what they exactly want from me. I never said i'd actually agree to do anything.

I head downstairs to the kitchen,doing my best to be quiet so I don't wake my parents. Our house is always quiet, as i'm an only child, so there's never anyone running around or sneaking in or out but me. Sometimes I think it would  be nice to have at least one sibling, someone to get up to no good with. I've never asked my parents why they didn't have more kids, but I do wonder. I've sorta come to the conclusion that my dad is so busy with his Beta duties that they just don't have the time for more kids. It makes me worried about my future job as the Beta, because if i'm being honest, I want lots of kids. A house full, just like Jace's family. Loud and messy and full of laughter and love.

I step into the kitchen and turn on the light, I was not expecting someone to be sitting at the island in the middle of the room and I screamed and jumped at the same time.

My dad just looked over at me, raised his eyebrows , and continued to sip his coffee.

I pour myself a coffee, and go sit with him. "Thanks for the early morning heart attack."

"Anytime kiddo." He says while grinning. "How's the arm?"

"It's okay, just the brace is annoying the hell out of me and Ari is trying to make an escape but other than that i'm perfect."

Fun fact, I don't even know my wolfs real name, I just named her Ari, as it's part of my name because she's never  been able to tell me what it is herself.

"Your mother made some blueberry muffins yesterday while you were sleeping off your hangover. You should eat a couple, there good, and Ari will be content for a day or two more if you don't let yourself get hungry."

"Oh ya, if there so good why aren't you eating any?" I question him. I already know the answer, but I need to see if he'll admit how bad they probably are.