No Time To Argue

Chapter 55
Azariah's pov

Mayhem. That's one word for it.

Of course chaos, uproar and pandemonium also work. And that's exactly what has happened in this room.

Everyone had sat around quietly as I explained my part in all this. Up to and including when the Moon Goddess decided her and I should have a little one-on-one. My parents were here, Micah's parents were both here, Amber, Jace, Micah, Priya, and what I've come to think of as my brothers, Ryan and Noah. They were all here.

Everything was going just fine until Alpha Garette asked what I felt we should do next. And the second my opinion left my mouth, Jace and Micah threw a fit. A rather large one at that.

My parents started yelling, Priya asked if I had some lingering side effects from the drug Jack injected into me. Noah shrieked like a damn banshee. Yup, this was chaos.

Alpha Garette literally had to scream at everyone to shut the hell up. And because he was Alpha, they all had to listen. He turned back towards me, "Azariah, please explain yourself. Cause I too think this idea of yours is shit."

My posture had become rigid, and I'm sure everyone could tell I was fuming. "As I was trying to say, they don't know that we know anything at this point. If we're going to come up with an antidote, or whatever the hell Amber can do, we're gonna need more samples of MD4. The only way to get that is for Amber and I to go to work on Tuesday."

"Absofuckinglutly not" Jace hollers out.

I turn to face him. "They have no clue what went down last night. So tell me how it's anymore dangerous for us than it was a day ago?" I question his pissed-off ass.

"I don't care Azariah. We know what the fuck there up to now, and if the unthinkable happens your not gonna survive another round of it." He says through gritted teeth.

"How do you know I'm not immune?" I fire right back at him.

"Is she?" He asks Amber.

Amber's eyes go wide, like a deer caught in headlights. "Umm, well..I'm not sure. She could be."

I look over and notice my mom crying, and of course, Noah is crying right alongside of her. Ryan is trying to rub both of their backs but neither is having any part of it. I have to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing at the three of them.

"Azariah, do you even have the faintest idea what your suggesting." My father scolds me.

Fuck this, I've had enough of their bullshit. They're acting as I've somehow lost the ability to think for myself. I stand up and slam my hands down on the table, causing everyone to jump. "FINE" I roar, "Do whatever the hell makes you all happy. We can all just wait like sitting ducks for all I fucking care. You figure out how to combat this threat, how we're gonna keep our patrols safe, how we're gonna move forward, how Amber gets what she needs to figure out a damn solution. You want me to sit at home like a scared little girl. SO BE IT." And with that, I storm out of the meeting.

I head straight to the woods, needing to cool off alone. They seriously don't get it. If Amber and I don't show up for work next week, they're gonna know something is up. And if they figure out that we found out what they created, were in for a world of hurt, cause they'll use their weapon against our pack first, and fast.