I'll Be Thelma

Chapter 28
Azariah's pov

"Louise, no matter what happens, i'm glad i came with you." from Thelma and Louise motion picture.

When your new best friend asks to see you, cause apparently she has a favor to ask, you go.

Although to be honest, I have a bad feeling about this. Amber's voice gave away that she was nervous to tell me whatever it is she needed to.

I've had enough drama with my friends the last few days, I'm hoping she's not about to add to it.

Luckily, Micah Jace and I have had plenty of feuds over the years, so the other night's little fight was over as fast as it began. Am I still upset with what Micah did? Yes. But to be honest, I'd probably do worse if it came to trying to protect someone I love.

I'm surprised one of them didn't just go and beat Zane into not seeing me anymore. Speaking of Zane, I'm still not sure where I stand on that front.

On one hand, I truly don't see a future with him, and although he's an excellent kisser, still no chemistry. On the other hand, it's not like I have other offers on the table, and maybe in time, the chemistry will just happen. It's not like I would know what to expect.

Ehron is the only other one to ever kiss me after all. And it was just an innocent peck at that.

I did message Zane yesterday and apologize for running out Sat night. I also told him I just need a few days to think about rather I wanted to continue to see where things go with us. My brain is too cluttered right now tho to even think about that.

Whatever Amber wants to talk about is so serious that we have to meet up somewhere private. Yup, this definitely isn't good.

I toss on some sweatpants and a tank top, put my hair up in a ponytail, and I'm good to go. I grab my zip-up hoodie just in case I need it. Who knows how long this talk is gonna take, might as well go prepared.

I drive to the outskirts of our pack land and park behind the old rotting barn where she told me to meet her at. This farm has been abandoned since I can remember. The barn used to be a place where kids would come and hide in to drink and have sex, or so I'm told. I really don't see the appeal though.

The wood is so rotted that it could all come crumbling down with one good fart. The paint has long since faded but looks like it might have been red in its glory days. I've never gone inside to check it out, and that's not about to change today. I watch too many horror movies to trust the looks of it. Let's just say Leatherface was my young teenage boogyman. Yup, not going in there.

"Holy shit Azariah, come check this out," Amber yells from inside the barn, scaring the ever-living fuck out of me. I screamed so loud that I'm sure everyone in a fifty-mile radius knows were here.

"What the hell is wrong with you." I yell at her as she comes out, looking guilty.

"Sorry, I thought you knew I was here." Her voice is soft, and if I'm not mistaken, scared.

"Why would I think that? Where the fuck is your car?" I hold my chest, above my heart, to let her know she almost killed me.

"Oh, right. I walked. I'm sorry."