Two's Company

Chapter 11
Azariah's pov

They say misery loves company.

However I'm sure only I will be miserable, definitely not Amber. She's gonna love this. I think.

I called Alpha Jason yesterday to ask if Amber could join me, on Tuesdays cause that's the day I picked, so she could learn/work in the lab and he said yes without hesitation.

She's gonna go nuts when she see's the place. And I won't have to go there alone. Win win.

Micah and I are currently on our way to Snowmoon Pack for another fun filled day of learning. I'm waiting till we get there to talk to Amber.

"I still can't believe your going to do this. " Micah looks over at me smiling, trying to be encouraging I assume.

"Ya, well like you pointed out, it's about pack connections. And if I hate it, I'll just stop going." I tell him.

"That a girl." He says with a humorless laugh.

At least I was smart enough to choose Tuesday so I could have a three day weekend. If I play my cards right, I could get out of this whole ordeal, school that is, and make it a five day. Fat chance and all but still.

With my impending job on the horizon, I'm gonna need some downtime before it starts. Micah figures we have a couple years before we take over, but who knows.

As we pull up, I see Amber standing beside her car waiting for us. She's wearing black leggings and an oversized beige sweater. It's not a bad outfit, but the sweater is so big she looks a bit frumpy. I'm gonna have to help that girl with her wardrobe. With a bit of confidence, that girl would be breaking hearts.

"Hey Amber" I greet her cheerfully. "If your looking for a new bestfriend, here I am." I tell her.

"Ummm, I've never had a real friend let alone a bestfriend. Just tell me what you need" She says with skepticism.

"So long story, I got roped into going to Ambersy pack once a week to help train the students there in the art of wound closure, and I volunteered you to come with me."

She looks at me with her brown eyes, that are as large as saucers, and holding a good amount of panic. "Why? I mean why me?"

"Okay, before you freak out just come once. I'm positive after you see their lab, which is where you'll be working, you'll thank me. I promise."

I give her my best pleading eyes, and it must work cause she just smiles and nods her head.

Micah tries to offer me some back up. "Azariah says they have state of the art equipment, the kind you will fall in love with. I think this is an amazing opportunity for both of you."

Ambers face goes red, and she hides it by looking down , letting her sandy blonde hair curtain her face.

As we walk inside, Zane is standing there waiting for us. "Goodmorning. Were gonna be working in the lab today, it's on the second floor, south end of the building. You can't miss it. Azariah, can I speak with you for a moment before class? Alone?"

I stand there starring at him for a minute. Why the hell does he want to see me? "Ahh, sure I guess."

Micah and Amber head towards the stairs, and Zane gestures for me to follow him down the hall. Halfway down Zane opens a door that leads into an office. There's several shelves on one side of the room filled with books, and a large mahogany wooden desk right in the middle. Zane takes a seat behind the desk, pointing towards one of the two chairs on the opposite side for me to take a seat.