Isles Of Selena

Chapter 52
Azariah's pov

"Azariah" The most beautifully soothing voice I've ever heard calls out.

Slowly, I blink my eyes open. It takes several tries, as the pull of sleep attempts to keep me in its embrace.

When I'm finally able to get them open all the way, I see the moon. It's full, and bright, and somehow comforting. It makes me feel safe, and protected, and most of all it makes me feel at peace.

I peel my eyes away from the moon, and look at my surroundings. There's a few trees off in the distance, and a lake almost right beside me. My hands stretch out and feel the ground. Wait...the ground? I sit up a little to fast, and suffer the head rush that comes with that action.

After the dizzy feeling passes, I again look around. I'm sitting on the softest grass I've ever felt, in an area I've never seen before.It's neither warm nor cool, and there's not a sound to be heard. Where am I? And more importantly, how did I get here?

The moon shines brightly off the lake, giving it a mirrored effect. I stand up, trying to gage where I am. The only thing around me is the few trees, the lake and the moon. This doesn't make any sense, it's almost as if I'm standing in a picture. I can only see what the photographer has captured, nothing more.

Come on Azariah, think...how did you get here? My mind takes me back to the phone call from Amber. Shit...Amber. She's in danger, I'm supposed to go help her. I look around in a panic, how do I get out of here? How do I find her? My mind replays the phone call and I remember the location she told me she was at. Priya was with me..now I remember.

I frantically look around, trying to find her. "Priya" I yell out. Where did she go? Wait...we made it to the woods Amber was in. I shut my eyes for a second, trying to ward off the oncoming headache that the memories are bringing with it.

The missing puzzle pieces start fitting together. I did go find her. Priya was with me , I remember driving there. Somebody was going to hurt her....Jack!!! Jack was there and we fought. I kicked his fucking ass too, I remember now. So how the hell did I end up here?

I replay the fight over in my head. And then I see it. Sticking out of my leg.

The syringe.

Holy fuck. This can't be happening. I look all around me in a panic, still only seeing the same three things. Oh, this is bad. Actually a level beyond bad. I've heard of this place. All werewolves have heard of this place. Even though I've never seen it before, I know without a doubt what it is.

The Isles of Selena.

Basically that translates to...the Island of the Moon Goddess.

This is where we go when we die. It's sorta like a waiting room. You wait here to learn your fate. The Moon Goddess supposedly comes and takes you to her garden, your eternal resting place. But if your deemed not worthy, your stuck here forever. Alone.

Oh!! Fuck me... I'm dead. Oh shit. I'm instantly filled with grief, wondering if I did the unthinkable. Did I kill any of my friends? Or were they smart enough to get away from me in time? Then I can't help but to wonder, which one got the unfortunate task of ending me. Who now has to carry that scar around with them till they die?

The ache in the center of my chest grows by the second. It grows so fast I don't know if it'll be able to stay inside of me. Any second now I expect it to burst out, leaving a hole in it's wake.