Enemies To Friends?

Chapter 45
Micah's pov

For the past six nights, I'm woken up by the same nightmare.

Her face.

Not just her face, but her neck too. It starts when I see her car parked on the front lawn of her house. The ass end is crumpled and the driver's side is dented in and scratched up. I run over, and try to pull the door open. It takes more effort in my dream than it did in real life.

The biggest difference between my dream to reality is, when I pull her out of that car and see how bad she looks, she doesn't wake up. In my nightmare, she's dead, and I just sit there holding her, not able to move or function. I keep telling her to wake up, but she doesn't. My body starts to tremble, and my tears drop onto her blackened face.

Then I woke up. Covered in sweat and crying for real. There's no chance I'll be able to fall back asleep, so I get up, shower, and start my day. There's enough on my plate that finding something to do isn't hard.

I need to distract myself to get that image out of my brain. I don't think Azariah realizes how badly that incident fucked me up. Or how much sleep I'm losing. Maybe if I just go find that asshole, and take out my anger on him, I'll be able to sleep through the night again. Cause that's exactly what I want to do. Beat his fucking face to an unrecognizable state.

Fortunately for him, I have too many other things to deal with. Like moving the students who were going to his medical facility. There's no way in hell anyone here is going back there.

I'm taking a break so I can focus on the shit show that's going on with Red Dawn and Bloodmoon. Eric said he was gonna wait till our school started back up, and then he'd finish here. Azariah and Amber were already taken care of. Now it just leaves Priya.

I took a chance and called Azariah this morning before she left for work. She had mentioned before that she was teaching the class alone due to Katherine being on holidays, and she could bring in help if she needed it.

Priya had enough experience to be able to help her, although she wasn't as skilled as Azariah. Her help there would count towards her credit, so I took a shot and asked if she could go.

Azariah's nonplussed response "sure why not" caught me off guard. I figured I'd have to plead with her. She even agreed to pick her up. Now I'm left wondering if she should have had a brain scan after the Zane incident. This is not the girl I've known my entire life.

But then again, I was the one who had a problem with Priya, Azariah just got to enjoy the show.

Now that I have that all worked out, I call Jace to tell him I'm on my way. We're going up to Bloodmoon today, to take a look around, and talk to the four males who fought the crazed wolf. Jace knows William pretty well from training camp, so I asked him to come along. We need to help Alpha Tony figure out what happened, and fast.

If this truly is another packs doing, we're all in danger.

Alpha Tony called me last night and said he had someone go over the site the wolf was taken down, and they were able to find some leaves and sticks that had blood on them. Rather it's from the wolf or not, he's not sure. However, he liked Azariah's thinking about having someone else take a look at it. They put the items they found in plastic bags, and I will collect them when I get there.