One step back

Chapter 27
Azariah's pov

I reach down and thread both my hands through his hair.

Then jerk his head back forcefully.

"What the fuck Zane?" I sit up, breathing hard. And not for reasons he must be thinking.

That fucking box is starting to rattle. The chains are dangerously close to snapping. It started when he grabbed my chin and told me how much he'd been wanting to do this. It only got worse as his lips traveled down my body towards my navel.

I momentarily froze, unsure if I was frozen from fear of the box bursting open, or from what was about to happen.

"Azariah, I'm sorry. I thought you wanted this." He looks up at me with confusion in his eyes. And if I'm not mistaken, a bit of anger.

I push myself back on the couch, away from him. Had I jerked his head any harder, I may have snapped his neck. My heart is hammering so hard that I have a hard time processing what just happened.

My head feels foggy, what the fuck is that wine made from? Two glasses certainly shouldn't cause me to lose control like that. Now I'm just pissed off.

"Did you mistake me for one of your sluts?" I accuse him.

He fails to mask the surprise on his face, even though it's only there for a split second. And that look just told me everything I needed to know. The things Amber tried to tell me, are in fact true. Not that it's honestly any of my business who he's hooked up with, but still.

"Where's this coming from? It's Micah isn't it?" His eyes narrow at me.

"What the hell does Micah have to do with this?"

"Don't lie to me. I know he doesn't want me to see you. Fuck Azariah, he went as far as to pull you out of my school just to keep me away." He sits up and runs his hands through his hair. "I'm sorry okay, I thought you were into it."

"Hold up. Back up there, what do you mean he pulled me out to stop us from seeing each other?" Micah's face from yesterday when I mentioned that I was going out with Zane flashes in my mind.

"Don't act like you don't know. Don't play stupid with me. He's planting doubts in your head and clearly your buying them." He gets up and walks to the patio doors that lead out to the back deck.

"He's never said anything to me about us dating." I get up and head towards the kitchen for a glass of water. I need to clear my head a bit so I can drive home.

Zane comes up behind me, wraps his arms around me, and places his head on my shoulder, " Maybe you should ask him then. The answer might surprise you."

I turn around to face him. " I need to go." I head out the door and run to my car. Before I can get in it Zane comes out after me.

"If your running because you don't want this, then fine. But don't run from me 'cause your scared."

"You know nothing about how I feel" But to be honest, I'm not so sure how I feel either. "We barely know each other and you tried to put your mouth on my pussy for fuck sake. Who actually does that without being a hundred percent certain the other person wants it?"