Birthday Bottoms

Chapter 23
Azariah's pov

The smell of pancakes wakes me out of my sleep.

Every year on my birthday my parents always wait for me to get up, then as soon as I enter the kitchen they start their terrible singing. We have breakfast together and enjoy the morning.

It's a nice tradition, and one day when I get mated and move out I'm gonna miss it.

I get up and make my way down, preparing myself for the off-key onslaught my ears are about to endure. They start singing before I even enter the kitchen, making my pain and suffering shorter-lived than usual.

Once they've done the birthday hugs, I pile up my plate with eight pancakes and sit at the island in the middle of the kitchen with them. My dad sits beside me and looks pointedly at my plate.

"Good thing we stopped at one, otherwise I may need a second job to feed everyone." He smirks at me as I dig into my food.

This is the one and only thing my mom makes that tastes good. My dad also has a loaded plate so he must think so too.

"Ha ha ha dad. I'm pretty sure with your salary you could have afforded a few more." It's no secret that he's the top-paid pack member next to the Alpha. Hence why I have my own credit card and no job up until recently.

On my eighteenth birthday, it was given to me. There is a spending limit on it, but I've never discovered what it is. I try not to take advantage of the privilege I was given.

"So how did your night out with Zane go?" My mom just had to ask.

Well, I guess that depends on how you look at it. On one hand, it was nice. He took to me to a nice restaurant, and afterwards we went to see a musical. Then we got a little handsy in his car and spent some time with our tongues down each other's throats. So ya, it was nice.

However, Amber's comments started worming their way into my brain, and I couldn't help but to wonder how he got so good with his tongue. How many females did you need to kiss to know how to do that? I can honestly say his skill set is nice, but that's it. Just nice. I didn't have any desire to go any further.

It definitely wasn't like in the movies where the two main characters share a kiss and music falls from the sky. Maybe my expectation is too high, who knows? But I figured there would be some kind of libido rush going on, but my nether regions remained as dry as the desert.

"It was nice. We went for dinner and to the theater." I'll leave out the rest for their sake.

He did bring me flowers though, and a really expensive box of chocolate, which I don't understand cause I'm just gonna eat it all in one go, so no need to buy the good stuff.

"Is this thing serious?" My dad asks.

"It's been three dates dad, so no not at all." Oh my Goddess, why is everyone on me about him? The look on my dad's face tells me he's not on board with me dating him either.

My mom steers the conversation in other directions for the remainder of breakfast, or more like brunch since it's almost noon.

Afterward I go up to my room to get ready for tonight. I step into the bathroom and see my undies from last night laying on the floor. Guess I missed the trash can.