Temporary Truce

Chapter 21
Micah's pov

That fucker has a massive set of balls on him.

I know he only came here to rub it in my face that he was taking Azariah out. I'm sure he figured out the real reason she's not going to school anymore. I guess he is smarter than he looks. Who would have thought?

I'm wracking my brain to try and figure out how I'm gonna respond to this. Is it time to fight dirty yet? I'd like to think it's to soon for that, but I may regret not doing it later on. Of course if I really wanna fight dirty I could give Jace the clear to fuck him up. But then we run the risk of Azari hating the pair of us.

I decide to wait a couple hours, and then take those stupid papers to his house myself. I'm hoping we'll run into each other. Maybe we can have a little chat. Of course once I get there I realize two things. First, Azariah will be pissed if she finds out i've meddled in her 'thing' with him and two, he's not home yet. I slipped the form under the door to the pack house and decide it's best if I just go home.

I need to use my brain here, not go flying off the walls. As I start heading out of town, I notice his car coming my way. I don't think I even decided to turn around and follow him, I just did. It was as if an unknown force guided me to do it. As much as I keep telling myself to turn back around and let it go for tonight, I just can't.

I keep a fair distance back from him, and when he parks his car I turn off onto a small clearing that leads into the forest. I shut off my headlights, and get out. I watch as a female comes from around the packhouse and gets into his car with him.  After a few minutes, my mind tells me that their up to no good in there, but I can't see shit to confirm this.

I send him a text, to see if he responds the way someone who's hands just been caught with their hand in the cookie jar would. The female gets out, and wipes at her mouth, can't imagine why, and then after another minute Zane gets out and starts looking around. Oh ya, guilty. He sends me a text back and we go back and forth a few times.

After he thinks it's clear he heads inside, I get the fuck out of here, before he figures out that he's busted. I don't want this to come down to a physical fight, not that I'm afraid, but that should be the last resort.  Time to head home and come up with a plan on how to handle this situation.

******************************

I woke up this morning, and still can't figure out what the hell to do from here. The sensible part of me is saying to just go Azariah with my concerns. And come clean about what i've done, like following him last night, and the school thing. The guilt of that alone is eating me alive.

The other side is telling me not to do anything without proof. But we've been friends for forever, my word has to account for something...right? Fuck.

And here I go around and around in my own head, no closer to knowing what to do.

To make matters worse? Somehow Priya's car isn't fixed and I get to pick her up today. Again. I'm not sure what's going on in my life these days, but its more drama than I was prepared for.

As I pull up in front of her house, it dawns on me that I did this to myself. If I had of just kept Azariah in school with me I wouldn't have to be alone with this female. Goddess only knows what kinds of stories she'll come up with. That's a headache I don't have time for at this point in my life.