Who's In Charge

Chapter 58
Zane's pov

Disgust. That's one word for it.

But it best describes how I feel at the moment. Because the female who is currently pressed up against my back, holding on to me for dear life, beyond a shadow of a doubt disgusts me.

Sure, she was fun to have around when my cock needed some relief but other than that I wanted nothing to do with her. I only ever called her when it was beneficial to me, and only let her stay for as long as our activities took place. When we were done, it was time for her to leave. There was none of this fucking cuddling bullshit.

But now thanks to my prick of a wolf, she's become a permanent fixture in my bed and my life. And after only less than a week, I'm ready to snap her bloody neck just to get rid of her. If only Kreed would allow it.

Fuck you. Never gonna happen.

If I show aggression towards her, he intervenes. Being an Alpha means that my wolf is stronger than most, and he uses it to his advantage. He'll take control of me in my human form if I even so much as fuck her too hard. And the smug bitch knows it too.

All she has to do is look sad, or let out a whimper and he comes running to her aide. And the second he shows up she rubs herself against us and starts cooing at him.

Fucking bitch.

I do not doubt that she planned this, that she somehow knew what would happen if we were messing around long enough. She was banking on him forcing us into mating with her.

Just the thought of being tied to her for the rest of my life makes my skin crawl and has given me permanent indigestion. The sound of her voice every morning and night is like nails on a chalkboard, resulting in an instant headache.

Honestly, I don't know how I'm going to tolerate it much longer. Kreed had better plan to stay alert twenty-four-seven, cause the second he slips up she's as good as gone.

Consequences be damned.

The mating ceremony hasn't happened yet, and thankfully she wants to wait until summer is over.  She doesn't wanna be drenched in sweat on the big day or have her precious makeup running down her face.

So the only upside in all of this, is I have a solid 4 months to rid myself of her. Permanently.

Slowly, I pry her hands off of me and try to slip out of bed without waking the stupid bitch. She grunts, and I halt my actions, praying to all that's holy she remains asleep. When she's quiet for a few more minutes, I slide over another couple of inches, then wait. Again, she doesn't make another sound so I risk sitting up, then getting out of bed altogether. I creep into my closet, grab some clothes, then sneak out of the bedroom, heading downstairs to use a guest room to shower.

I have an important meeting to attend in the next hour, so I make it a fast shower and then head out. I'll grab coffee and breakfast on the way. Wouldn't want to risk her getting up and catching me in the kitchen. I can imagine all too well her high-pitched voice asking where I'm going, how long I'll be gone, and what's the meeting about. All the shit she has no business poking her nose into. And if I so much as tell her that, well Kreed will come to the fucking rescue, and force me to tell her, and apologize for being an asshole.

Fuck! If only there was a way to get rid of her and put that mother fucker in his place at the same time. Maybe, just maybe, getting rid of her will do that. He'll be so devastated that he'll ignore me for a while. Or so one could only hope.