Sign Seventeen

" My Lady, the carriage is ready." said her butler, who is standing in front of her who is staring in front of the large mirror in her mansion's front hall. With her usual emotionless expression, she ignores the old butler for a while and looks at her solemn blue dresses. Fixing her bright brown hair, while her orange-ish eyes stare into nothing, as she is contemplating. 

"... Don't forget to give Raya's daily medicine," she said.

" Yes, My Lady." he lends his hand as the lady goes inside the elegant carriage. The coachman then gallops the horses toward the luxurious front gate. Passed the garden that once was her imaginary world. 

Then she will run around with her brightest smile. 

.

" Lady Cordelia, over here," Lady Sara's said after she just arrived at her tea party.  She glances a little to where children running not far from where the table is. They are looking so happy while running around happily. " Please, have a sit." 

and she nods, " Yes. Thank you, Lady Sara." as she then being greeted by many others while a nice tea is poured for her. After the tea is ready, she takes a while staring at her reflection in the tea water. Of course, after that, or even without looking at her reflection- she understands why those ladies who give her the smiles are acting awkward every time she looks at them. 

She is quite understanding of how emotionless her expression is.

but,

' Even I don't know when the last time I smile.'  She does not know why she is here, to a party that she never enjoys.

" It is what a noble lady should do,"  but again, every time she is questioning it, her deceased mother's lesson will always be depicted in her mind. ' I still did it.'  even though in this entire tea party she will just sit all alone and no one will mind her, nor complained- at least in front of her- as she is the daughter of the first General, Marquess Derik Farguso, and the first commander of the elite Holy Knight's wife. Who are now on the battlefield, far from his only daughter and his grandson.

" The war is quite tense, so the capital becomes so hectic. My children become anxious as their father still not yet to be at home." some lady said.

" Well on this kind of time, a simple tea party like this will be the children's refreshment." another again said.

" Then might we hold child date again in future, how about that? they can draw, play, or even sing all the way they wanted," she said excitedly. " My daughter is quite a singer, you see, she is really clever." then the beautiful smiles of her then glances at Lady Cordelia who is calmly listening to the conversation, but turns into an uncomfortable expression "- ah, please forgive me Lady Cordelia, I don't mean-" and make the whole gathering becomes so silent, 

and Lady Sara smiles faintly to her, " Well, I have prepared desserts come from the east. It is a unique delish," she said. " Lady Cordelia, you like mustardy dessert right? You might as well like this one."

and she just smiles, at her who changes the atmosphere back again, yet- she knows quite well that they will just talk about her son behind her after this and it rises her anxiety as much as maybe even she never adapted to this kind of party, she will try to come so no one will bad-mouthing her son.  

"The Heir of the Farguso Family can't hear anything,"

'" he is disabled,"

'"what happened to the future Farguso Family?"

"It is surely a disappointment."