Sign Thirty Three

Just like how people see the world on the earth that is filled with many beautiful geographical landscapes, diversity of seasons, and even unique cultures spread out around the world- there are the same things that exist in Althera.

Quite far from where the famous rocky mountain exists, where the Empire of Malum resides on it- across the nearest sea, stands a sole kingdom named Varaz on the empty land of Avara. It is covered by only red-purplish sand where people casually build their house on it and like to walk on without wearing any shoes. It is because the sands are so soft, it touches like cotton. Yet, despite how lacking natural resources in this land is, many people desire to come and reside in Varaz. Many people eagerly and willingly travel the long sea to just come to this beautiful Varaz Kingdom. It is not because of how pretty the sands color is or because the rarity of the aurora that will come in the nighttime, or the beautiful beaches and sea where the international trading operates, nor even about of how savory their cuisine is.
The reason of why many people come is simply because this land is where the spirits reside.

- Spirits, in this world are something not only sacred but also powerful. They are creatures that are born from the world where the gods of this world live. The astral world where only devine creatures that could live inside it. They are so many types of them with so much power, like fire, plants, water, and many more. While most of the countries like the Malum Empire use magic stones as their daily commodity to help their daily routine, here, they use sprites that they had the contract with to help them with their daily life. It is so magical, as it is also the reason why people of this land worship the spirits.

Then, in the middle of this empty sand land, stands the great castle of Varaz Kingdom where the leading family resides.

" ... Seems, like it is already decided." said the dark-skinned man while looking enthusiastically from the castle balcony toward the beautiful blue sea where there are many large ships parked in their piers. The wind is strong as it blows his paled blonde hair then shows his purplish eyes. His sturdy body is something that will eventually make women fall harder while wearing an elegant tunic. He smirks. "It's been a long time since I try women from across. They are typically shy, but, somehow that is something that makes them attractive is not it?" then he sighs, after a while, and turns back to a woman who is standing behind him with many ladies-in-waiting with their veils covering their face. "... I asked you to accompany me in my afternoon break is not for you to be silent like this."

The woman who stands in front of him, with an elegant traditional dress is also covered by the light brown veil. Yet, even though like that, many people could tell of how beautiful she is behind the veil where her purplish eyes tell all of her. "... I am happy for you, brother."

He smiles, " Well you should, as our father also told me to seek you the best suitable partner when we arrive." and he comes closer while slowly opening her veil and showing him a beautiful appearance of his little sister, who has beautiful dark skin and wavy pale blonde long hair. Who looks at him with her engaging purplish eyes. " ...Well, with your beauty, many people want to devour you as soon as they see you," he said.

"... Just take care of your body before we go, take the most expensive treatment and make your body more valuable," he said while slowly passing her through where the ladies-in-waiting open the way while bowing. " I need you to secure my throne so be prepared, my dear sister." then, he slowly vanished leaving the woman who still stand there staring blankly toward the beautiful ocean.

after a while, she opens her lips. " Yes, brother." before her lady-in-waiting then put her veil on her head once again.

***

.

.

.

" Do you hear that Ms.Irisha from independent' companies branch comes back to the palace again?" said the maid who is working in their cleaning shift somewhere in the palace.