Sign Fifty One

His life was once filled with pride.

The pride that one could be filled with so much satisfaction and content within himself. As if one sees a bright majestic clear blue sky above his head. That stood above majestically without no one could ever conquer.

' But dragons fly in that unconquerable sky.'

and... he could not even describe the immense pride spread in his whole body whenever he looks at the majestic creature. The most gallant one, with its most powerful demeanor. The sight of the dragons is the exact definition of what power truly is.

... makes his whole body trembling in such proud.

" ... and you will be the servant of them." and every word that his father once told him, was engraved in his mind even after decades have passed.

"....Greeting to the Soul of The Holy Dragon."  Yet every time, his mouth said the sacred world. He still feels his heart thumping as it is filled him with honored feeling through every veins inside his body. 

' Ah... this is my pride.'

' This is the place I should be.'

' This is my honor.'

The sceneries that he sees through the back of the Emperor, feel so fascinating as he feels the air in his lungs gasp for every second. The ecstasy of it, thrilling inside his heart.

" I ... Rupert Barak will be your servant until the rest of my life."

And he still remembers all the things on the day he put his name under the emperor. His oath that still engraved even until his body turned old. In that day, it easily becomes his sole purpose of living. It is becomes the reason of why he still keeps going.

.

He was living, his life with such pride.

.

He is living his life, with that pride.

.

Yet, he is questing himself... since when, does this feel painful?

.

As he sees the magnificent picture of the first Empress of this Empire, hangs proudly in the great hall of the Dragon Palace. He will stare at it for quite a while every time he will start his day... even he, himself, forgotten since when it becomes his habit. As he is slowly drowned in the same memories that will be depicted in his mind,

" ... Father, one day I will be the Empress of this Empire." 

a beautiful depiction of a beautiful woman with a bright smile he always longed for, the warmest face she always gives, and her beauty he always loves.

Then, his emotionless gaze looks at her in this empty extravagant hall.

make he keeps questioning,

.

since when does this feel painful?

"... you should be the Empress of this Empire, My Lady," he said while he is sipping his tea while he is now in the fifth princess of Varaz's room in this first prince's palace. He then takes a glance at the princess with her well-known authentic beauty... with her smooth dark-skin body, and her captivating appearance.

and she smiles, " Of course." with the confidence that starts to convert into obsession. " ... If you make the engagement much faster- it will be easier. Why the Emperor still not yet declare it?"

Then Sir Ruperts takes a while before he opens his mouth, " ... I don't think you need that."

She sighed quite heavily, " it becomes annoying for someone like you to say that, while you know exactly about the 'treasure', right, Sir Rupert?"