Sign Eighteen

READING GUIDANCE

" This is a direct sentence in the present time."

" This is a direct sentence in the past time."

' This is inside character's mind sentence in the present time.'

'This is inside character's mind sentence in the past time.'

[ This is direct sentence in sign language in the present time.]

[ This is direct sentence in sign language in the past time.]

HAPPY READING!

.

The palace, once known as a place of chaos, misfortune, and 'calamity,' has transformed into a peaceful haven that no one had ever imagined. People have started to notice that for several months now, there have been no disasters within this extravagant palace. There are no chaotic sibling disputes, no dramatic and dreadful 'stress-release' traditions, or horrifying 'pheromones.' There is nothing but peace, especially in the Dragon Palace, where all state matters are handled. This main palace serves as the headquarters of the Empire of Malum.

Several changes are evident here. One noticeable change is the atmosphere, which has shifted from being heavy and oppressive to becoming much more comforting. The tension that once plagued everyone is gradually dissipating, creating a conducive work environment that no one had ever imagined.

[Please sign here and here,] said the woman with her well-known sign language. She was now conversing with the notorious prince, who was seated at his desk in his office, signing documents without hesitation.

Even those who work closely with him—his attendants, knights, and lady-in-waiting—are still adjusting to the new daily life in this place. Although the crown prince never acted as wildly as the other imperial children, he was still known for his wickedness, often surpassing even his younger siblings in this regard. His threats were either silent and deadly or loud and brutish. While he might be the most rational leader, the dragon's blood flowing in his veins made him unpredictable. He would listen attentively to valuable information but would not hesitate to take drastic action if he heard something he deemed nonsensical. This reputation defined him and explained why everyone who worked closely with him had to undergo grueling training. This training wasn't solely focused on matters of the crown prince's safety and responsibilities but also on their own well-being, given the prince's formidable nature.

Thus, seeing him now so peaceful is something they are still getting used to.

"This project is ongoing, right?" he asked, his deep voice gravelly but calm. "Are you supervising this project?" he inquired while using sign language to communicate.

Irisha nodded. [Yes, Your Grace.] Her confident demeanor and efficiency at work made her appear charismatic to those around her. [I will provide you with a report each week.]

The crown prince nodded in acknowledgment. "Okay," he said, watching her as she tidied up the documents on his table. He took a moment to enjoy the sight of her brunette hair falling gently and her hand brushing it behind her ear. He wondered if she was even aware of what he was doing. "Arisha mentioned something to me," he said.

[What is it?] Irisha asked, glancing at his hand.

"She said she's friends with a young man in your neighborhood," he replied.

Irisha paused for a moment before nodding. [Yes. He's a pastry maker.] She smiled. [Arisha is quite fond of him. She always goes to his bakery to visit.]

The crown prince stared at her for a while, contemplating something, his expression a lifeless smile that only those who were curious about them would understand. "...Really? What's his name?"