Chapter 39: Raise The Stakes

2 Months Ago Continuation 

The boy raised an eyebrow surprised. “You know another doppelgange-hold on, you know I’m a doppelganger?”

I nodded, not bothering to look at him or Ava, and just continued to tap my foot on the ground to the beat of “I cry,” by flo rida which was pumping out a phone that was hidden in some kids locker. “Can we hurry this up? Florida is getting on my nerves already, and standing next to a bennet witch gives me the itches.”

Parker looked around him and then back at Ava, they nodded at each other and parker sighed. His eyes caught mine and he said in a grave tone.

“This is not the best place to talk, I think we should go somewhere more private. I need to know how you know thi”

The badass bennet witch interrupted him, “We need to know who you are, vampire.”

I huffed and started to walk towards the nearest door. A hand shot out and grabbed me on my shoulder, but I turned around to face Parker before he could do anything else.

“If we must talk, Witch and Human, then I prefer do it somewhere else. For gods sake, you humans would be nothing without education. Considering how come humans act ( I didn’t say the gilberts), we better not start anything here.” I pointed towards the door, and they slowly followed.

Once we got out and I didn’t burn in the silent because of my self made ring, I walked towards the car and jumped into the drivers seat, impatiently waiting for them to get in, or not to get in. I half expected them to not get in, but Parker got in the front seat and Ava got in the back. Parker shot out his hand, obviously asking me to shake it. I raised my eyebrows and shook it. Brave stupid human.

I started the engine just as I felt the air around my head change. It felt odd, and cold and horrible. It felt like death.

“It’s not working!” Someone yelled. It sounded like Ava. “ Do it now Parker!”

I turned abruptly to Parker just as a wave of vervain splashed across my bearskin. I screamed out in horror as my skin begun to sizzle. I looked up at parker just in time to see him raise a stake, and with his chocolate brown eyes say, “I have your ring. IF you step out the car you will burn and die. So, better chance is that you shouldn’t move.”