Chapter 30: Death Has A Lovely Doorstep

The first thing I thought when I saw was, “SHIT, NOT ANOTHER ORGINAL! Is this like a fan club or something?” but then I realized it was Elijah, and he was just as unpredictable.

“Ah brother, just in time to see death on a platter,” Klaus said, smiling the way he normally did, which was creepy. But truly, I couldn’t even pay attention to the details as the pain roared through me. I could no longer stand up no more. I collapsed on the floor, straight back into the vervain-flooded floor. The pain was excruciating, like a thousand bullets piercing a human skin, and living with it day to day.

I barely made out Katherine Standing while the brothers were bickering about something I decided to push aside. She looked towards me and gave me the, “I’ll be back for you face,” and then took of into the tree’s. I was just about to yell out before I stopped myself. Katherine was my game and I couldn’t win with other players, no matter what side the players were on.

“Leave her,” I heard Elijah threaten towards Klaus. Klaus laughed and walked up to me in vampire speed and before I knew what was happening, he kicked his leg straight into my ribs. I felt the ribs crack inside of me before I screamed. Because the pain felt like death. But I was never going to die from it.

Elijah, too my surprise took one look at me and punched Klaus in the face. And in that face, I felt something, something like agony spread across his eyes as he fought back against Klaus, and took him by utter surprise. Elijah didn’t do this. He didn’t attack anyone.

But the surprising thing was that Klaus didn’t fight back, and neither did Stefan. One second they were standing there as Elijah murmured words and the next second they were gone. And they left me too die with Elijah.

He came up to me and slowly slipped his hand around my waist, “Are you alright?” His eyes were alert.

“Apart from the obvious,” I whispered, my mouth barely even formed the words.

“Shhh, don’t speak,” he pressed his soft hand across my lips and picked me up, careful not to hurt me.