Chapter 37: Those Broken Scars

When we headed back, the door hinges to the hotel room was thrown of and the door was broken in two on the other side of the room. It had taken a while for me to convince Elijah to let me go with Parker and never the less, he disagreed. I had to run out the door and stomp away, dragging parker until he realized I wasn’t going to listen to him. He headed back, but something told me that with the intent that lingered in his eyes, he would be back with a stake or two.

Parker trailed behind me as I fingered at the broken hinges.

I wanted to know who killed Parker, but there was something else that was much more important.  I didn’t face him when I asked this, I was afraid of what I would see.

“Why are you in love with me?”

“That was not what I was hoping you would say, Charletta,” he whispered, his voice cracking.

I turned towards him and caught his agony filled eyes and swallowed. It was much easier when he was a human and it didn’t effect him that much.

“You shouldn’t be in love with me Parker,” I raised my hands in frustration.

“Oh I’m sorry,” anger automatically raged through his face, “Allow me to remove my love for you.” He walked in and chucked a vase on the floor, and that followed with some other fragile items. I closed my eyes and stood away. How was I going to handle this?

“Who turned you?  I’m going to kill them!” I shouted, turning to face the raging Parker. He turned to be abruptly.

“You no longer deserve to know!”

My eyes widened, “What do you mean I no longer deserve to know? You’re my responsibility and now all my plans are ruined.”

“I’m not a stupid child, Charletta,” he growled, then he threw his hands up in the air, “You know what, I’m leaving.”

I shot rigid. He was leaving? No. I sprinted at him at vampire power as he pulled out a suit case from under the bed and began to throw all of his clothes in there. I slammed my hands at his chest, shoving him away from it slamming him against the back wall. He shot up instantly and threw a punch which I barely felt at all but caught me by surprise.

I jumped on him, we tumbled down to the floor wrestling each other like we had something to prove. I shoved my elbow in his eye, but he caught it and twisted it back at me.

“Your. Not. Leaving. Parker,” I said, my teeth grinding as went for another punch.

But instead, I kissed him.