Chapter 32: Playing Games

I felt myself being slid into the back of a car and strapped in with seatbelts. I tried to move but the pain was threatening me.

“Elijah, this is not funny. Take me back. I can handle myself,” I growled, looking at him as he fixed the seat belts around me.

“Is it so hard for you to just stay put with me,” He whispered, I pulled back to see a hint of hurt in his eyes. He closed the door and jumped into the drivers seat. “It might be a bumpy ride, I’m sorry.”

It was a bumpy ride. I had to bit my lip to stop myself from screaming the whole way, and then we finally stopped. He got out of the seat, and came to the passenger’s side, carefully sliding me out. I gave him a small smile of thanks.

His apartment was surprisingly fixed after the last incident. The hole in the wall was cleared up and it looked like nothing had happened at all. He layed me down on his bed and went over to the fridge. I wanted to leave, but I wasn’t in the state too, so I just frowned.

“Elijah,” I said, and his head shot in my direction. “What did you say to Klaus and Stefan too make them leave.”

He chuckled, “I’m afraid I can’t tell you Charletta.”

“You punched your brother in the face.”

“Yes, yes I did,” he said with a small smile on his face.

I watched him as he poured blood into a glass and came to my side. Carefully lifting me up so I could drink it, but my eyes went wild and I just grabbed at the blood bag ready to devour it.

It was amazing.

It was like everything in my body was healing itself, like I was born again. I groaned and licked my lips. I walked over to the kitchen and washed the glass and left it off to dry and looked back at Elijah, who was already watching me.

“Thank you,” I whispered. “For everything. For being a person I could confide in. I will never forget it as long as I live.”

He didn’t say anything or a while, but just looked at me. I felt the heat gliding to my face and stepped back only to hit the counter. He stood up and came over until he was barely an inch from my face.

“Charletta,” his voice turned husky. “You know your playing a very difficult game with Katherine.”

The tension drowned and I sighed and folded my hands over my chest.

“She’s my sister, she loves playing games. I’ve always played her games, it’s time I leave her on her own,” I said and grabbed the glass that I had just washed and started playing with it. And all of a sudden it was gone and Elijah was holding the glass. I raised my eyebrows and then he spoke.

“I think your better at playing games then her.”