Chapter 3: A Triple Slice of Gilbert Pot Pie

It felt like I had jumped into a Horror movie. Girls were in obscene clothing. Sporting of their womanly parts with underwear like clothing probably glued onto their skin because I don’t know how they were not falling off. Boys were wearing off coloured clothes with dishevelled hair and everything was just wrong. So so wrong. What happened to the fashion through the centuries? What sick person decided on this?

Thank gosh I was born in the eighteen hundreds. I doubt i would be able to keep the contents of my stomach in if I had been born at this time. Tragic clothing. Tragic…pretty much everything. Oh Humans. I do feel majorly sorry for you.

I made my way over to the cafeteria, slinking in the shadows with my head down. Unnoticeable. Normal. Something I didn’t want to ever try again. Something I wouldn’t even normally do. But this. This I had to do.

I had stormed out of the waiting room at the reception as soon as I could. Amanda Whatever would discover that I wasn’t one of her relatives, and I couldn’t compel her to if my thoughts were true about the vervain being in the water system.

The cafeteria was large, and like all cafeterias in teen movies people were divided into groups, like it was somehow an animal kingdom. I don’t think I would ever understand why Parker wanted to go here. I think I was on the Damon Salvatore side of avoiding school all vampire life.

“Are you new here?”

I turned around swiftly remembering to leave to my head down. The black hoodie fell easily, covering my face.

The girl has a sweet nice voice. It was smooth like silk and you could hear the soft polite smile on her face.

“I’m just visiting,” I said roughly and shoved out my badge the counter lady had given me.

“I’m sure you’ll enjoy your stay at Silverhead High. It’s one of the most Academic schools in the state. But I’m sure you already know that now that you’re her-“

“I really don’t care,” I jutted in. What I didn’t expect was her to reply back.

“You really should. You really really Should.”

And so I decided to look up at the person who was brave enough to sound mean and nice at the same time.

And who would’ve guess it was Elena Gilbert.