Chapter 1: 10 Months

BOOK 2:

It has been 10 months.

10 months from when Parker left through the door.

9 and half months from since I left mystic falls.

9 months I’ve been living in an abandoned hotel staring at the shattered mirror like the cracks were part of my reflection.

I hadn’t seen Elijah, but he wasn’t the one that I really needed to see. I hadn’t felt the same since Parker. He had been something more than just a useless human to me, he had been the only companion I had spent my time with in all those centuries I had been alive. I was turning into Katherine without him. I finally realised why Katherine was the way she was, she didn’t have anyone to trust and look after.

But I couldn’t bring myself to go.

Because my choices were wrong, and I was a murder to be with. I would murder your emotions, and murder your trust. I didn’t even want to spend time with me. So what made me think that being in Parker’s torn life would make him any better even if it would compliment mine?

And Elijah? I don’t know what we were to each other. There was a want, of course, I can’t neglect that. But I didn’t love him. But did I even love Parker?

I kicked a random piece of broken chair, which smashed into the right wall, erupting a storm of debris. The hotel reminded me of being a vampire, I guess that’s why I picked it. Because I had to remind myself that I was still something that was set in stone. And the other part is because I couldn’t bear to go to mystic falls where everyone’s problems eventually became mine.

My reflection was ghostly. I could be mistaken for a ghost rather then a vampire at this very moment. I felt like a vampire had drained me, and I felt like the dead. At least that part was true.

I knew what I had to do if I didn’t want to be Katherine. But I couldn’t ruin other peoples lives in this process.

I could say I checked out of the hotel but really, there was no one at the desk or anywhere. I remember coming in here 9 months ago, nothing to take notice of, and drunk in my own despair. Now, the only thing that felt different is that I couldn’t stand here much longer and I wasn’t going to let myself be Katherine, or Stefan for the brooding matter.

I could do something.

The nearest shopping mall was an hour away, but five minutes in vampire speed, if I still had it. I could call the witches for some help if my witchy powers were dormant from those 9 months trapped, but I had to get used to it.

I summoned my vampire speed and felt the weird sensation of air running through my body. Atleast I knew that still worked.

I was there at the Shopping mall in minutes and smiled as I looked out into the expanse where I would be sure to get everything for free…well with the cost of compulsion.