Chapter 5: A Witching Deed

I had to get out of there. I walked between damon and Klaus who were arguing, but they didn’t notice me one bit. Then I walked towards the Lockwood mansion and saw the very person I didn’t want to see, was hiding behind a pillar and staring at Damon and Klaus. Little Miss Katherine.

What if she could see me? For all I knew Katherine was very good at hiding what she saw. What if she knew I was here all along?

I could still feel the witches with me. Their whispers brushed against the night air and I knew where I needed to go. To the haunted witch house where a hundred witches were burned down.

Soon enough, I was out on the road, slipping myself into my motorcycle and letting the cold night air take over my unsettling hair.

As long as Klaus was out there, Katherine wouldn’t come out to play. It was survival with her, and Klaus wasn’t her savior.

It felt liked seconds before I finally reached the house and I stood in front of it with my bike off to the side hiding in the bushes. I stared up to it’s cob webbed windows and its gloomy stare and welcomed it.

Then I stepped over the threshold.

The whispers that had never left me grew louder and louder until they over took the wind itself and then suddenly, they died down.

“A Witch or a Vampire?” a single voice muttered. The hairs on my back stood up as I couldn’t pin point the location it came from.

“Both. Sound like anyone else?” I said confidently but we both knew that I was just trying to keep myself from shitting my pants.

“Esther is a vampire, former witch, with a soul purpose on killing the family abonimation she created. You have overtaken the balance. You cannot be both. You cannot be a Witch and a Vampire.”

“I do not use your witch magic to create my power. I simply have learnt your ways to discover the Vampire way. My purpose is to set things how they should be, without Katherine Pierce taking over it.”

“ A sister betraying a sister, for power?”

They knew we were sisters.

“You can only betray once, and when you do, there’s a break in family bond. As you know, I do not wish to devour all my secrets to you, I have come to ask what deed do I have to repay you? What is our connection?”

“You know our witching ways.”

That wasn’t a question., it was a statement. “I don’t plan to cross them in any matter.”

I then left. What surprised me was, they didn’t stop me.