Chapter 4: Witch Side Are You On?

“Don’t be unreasonable Damon,” I said stepping back into the woods. “You wouldn’t want Elena to think…oops.” Then I was running far away from him as he lunged at me. I dived into the fountain in front of the Mikelson’s house and watched, as Damon swung straight at the peeing Angel statue that sat upon the fountain. The head shattered and fell into the fountain clipping my wet clothes and weaving into my hair.

“You could have at least hit the bottom part so it wouldn’t look that awkward…but I guess hitting it would be awkward as well,” I said, sounding nervous.

“What, it’s not going to help me adopt a bunny,” he said, fisting his hands and saying it over enthusiastically that even I cringed.

“Oh come in Damon, you and I both know that you don’t reuse your old lines. You don’t like recycling, I don’t like recycling, end of story.” That really did escape my mouth.

“Damon, I am on your side,” I said raising my arms up as he barreled towards me.

“And what side is that?” He yelled, looking, yet again, blood thirsty,

“The one that involves Little Miss Katherine,” I shrugged, “dead.”

Then I watched my smile rise in my reflection as I said it out loud.

When I was young, I wouldn’t dare to fight fire with fire.

But didn’t anyone know the answer to two fires, coming each way?

One might destroy everything in it’s path, but the other, destroys it all.

Damon paused and then said, “ She ran for the hills, like always.”

“But not everything stays on the hills do they Damon? The come wondering down for food, love, sun cancer, survival of the fitness and she’s losing herself, Damon. She’s so close that I can feel her next door,” I whispered, pointing at the Lockwood mansion across the road as the door opened at that moment. I ducked under what was left of the stone statue while Damon just looked at me unbelievably.

“And why would I believe you?” he said sleekly like he hand found my ultimate weakness.

I couldn’t tell him I was Katherine’s sister, they would never listen to me.

Then before I could answer, he turned around, placed his hands on his mouth and yelled as loud as he could, “Little miss Katherine!”

Oh my god, that dick.

“Katherine’s here?” I turned around to see Klaus staring straight at us. My mouth dropped officially as I stared at him. He wasn’t supposed to find this out yet! This wasn’t going to plan.

Damon looked at Klaus and looked all around him. “Where did she go?” he said absurdly and looked straight at me, or straight through me.”

Klaus walked straight past me and towards Damon, standing right in front of him.

“You wrecked my party, and my dance with Caroline,” he growled in his unusually interesting accent. It was like he hadn’t even seen me.

That’s when I heard the whispers around me. Like a thousand witches staring down at me and holding me as invisible as Harry Potter’s invisibility clothe.

Apparently I had another deed to complete.

With the witches.