Chapter 9: Witch Wish

There was a knock at the door. I moved off the couch slowly, locking eyes with Elijah. He opened a closet door and pushed me inside. Then he went to the door. The door opened and closed and light footsteps echoed across the floorboards.

“Elijah, I was meaning to talk to you.” It was Elena. I could almost imagine Elijah sweeping his hands to let her in. He had always been so fond of her. It seemed to me that Elena was better of with Elijah then the Salvatore brothers, but she needed her challenges. 

“Have you seen anything unusual around here lately?” She moved herself towards the couch from what I could see underneath the door. My hands and knee’s brushed across the floor. She sat on my blanket and stared over at my Hot Chocolate.

“Hot chocolate?” she questioned. Odd.

“Vampire’s eat and drink you know,” Elijah said carefully. I could tell that he felt something different to. She stood up and slowly moved towards Elijah. That wasn’t Elena. She launched at Elijah before he could comprehend, grabbing him by the throat and tearing him down.

I muffled a scream as the thought of going out there to save Elijah had conflicting implications. Katherine would see me. I couldn’t do that. But would Elijah need my help? He was an original vampire. He had the world on his side. This time, I heard more footsteps along the floorboards. My eyes traced the shadow, which appeared to be a lady in oddly fashioned clothes, which didn’t look like they belonged in this century. It couldn’t be. Not Emily Bennet.

My mind reeled with questions, which I couldn’t even begin to comprehend. How was she alive? Shouldn’t she be a ghost? Why was she on Katherine’s side again?

Instead, I thought up the only thing I could.

Magic.

“Witches, if you’re there. Help me.”

There was silence before the sense of a voice came flowing into my head.

“You Hybrid Vampire Witch, why do you need our help?”

“Because I know your secrets.”

“That did not answer our question.”

“Because, Elijah needs my help and Katherine’s there. Did I forget to mention your witch?”

“Still didn’t answer.”

“Because my magic is not strong enough.”