Wickedly Contagious // Promo

Hey Awesome readers! I really appreciate all the story love and i can't wait to post up the next outrageous chapter for this lovely story. In the mean while, i have a new story called "Wickedly Contagious," which is an original and i hope you'll enjoy reading it. It's only the matter of posting up chapters as i have already written it :)

THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN - REFLECTION

______________________

Some say I’m broken.

Some say I’m perfectly fine.

I can’t answer them.

I’m looking at it again. There’s no scent or trail of fingerprints that proves I’ve ever touched it. Apart from the faint crease on the top left hand side, which I quickly straighten out with the tips of my fingernails. It’s withering away while I hold on to it. Just like me.

I tear the page out.

 I’m not sure how that makes me feel.

The girl that wants answers, but can’t even answer herself. I can see it already. The headline in the newest paper, but I can’t check. I won’t. I will.

I have to set things straight. I will.

I was thirteen.

“What time is it?” I said elbowing Shayde, who rolled his eyes and straightened up. I think it was the fifth time I asked him that, between five-minute intervals. Shayde had been persistent and checked his watch over and over again.

“Less then two minutes left,” he said, going for the answer I’ll be most happy with. He knew me oh so well.

“Really?”

“Yes, Purr,” his mouth curved up at my bewilderment. It was nice to see Shayde smile. He never smiled. He reached out and pressed a stray lock of hair that was sticking out of my head.

“That’s still too long,” I groaned and threw my hands up in the air, “We could save the whole universe in that time.”

“Go ahead,” he said, not doubting. One thing he didn’t do that my parents did.

I smiled and elbowed him again.

“Well, that is my pathway in life”, I said in a southern American accent, sitting down on the silvery stool and never taking my eyes of the tracks. Out of the corner of my eye, Shayde dragged up another chair but he had to adjust the height before he could actually sit down.  Then he pulled out two black travel mugs, which I presume, contained pure coffee. He passed one to me.

“I don’t like coffee, but thanks anyway,” I said, holding my hands out in surrendered sorry and smiled apologetically. The perfect southern accent never left my lips and I bet I could trick anyone to think that I was really from America. It was just practice. It’s always just practice wasn’t it?

“I know you don’t,” Shayde said and shoved it in my open hand. I shrugged and took a small whiff.  I knew the drink instantly.

“Oh, hot chocolate with two sugars and two melting pink jelly marshmallows. With extract of mint and chocolate sprinkles, that have slightly tainted the exact color of this chocolate drink. This was probably packed about a couple hours ago. About two hours tops. Oh, nearly forgot the other lingering smell. You made it in your room.”