Chapter 22: The Vampire Allure

“I have a name,” Parker growled as I rolled my eyes and pushed him towards our car. But Elijah grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. I stumbled into him just as our eyes met and something sparked. But I yanked myself away.

“Charletta, you have a lot of explaining to do, your coming with me,” He raised his eyebrows and said. It was obvious that he had caught me off guard. I laughed to cover it up but who was I fooling? And so I surprisingly snapped back at him.

“Well, there’s the problem Elijah. There are many things I have to explain, but I choose not to. And I choose not to come with you. Thank you though,” I smirked, “For picking out a ridiculous excuse of me being your lover to get me out of the Mystic grill for your answers.”

“It doesn’t seem so ridiculous to me.”

I faltered and swallowed as his eye pierced into mine. More than my last could ever do. And just like that, Parker stepped between us. Humans shouldn’t be hero’s but obviously Parker didn’t agree.

“Leave the lady alone Original,” He growled.

Elijah’s eyebrows furrowed as he looked at Parker and back at me.

“You told a human about the Vampire race?” He didn’t looked outraged but he didn’t look happy at all.

“Well, he’s a doppelganger Elijah, I’m not going to do a Stefan, especially when being a vampire is the allure,” I smirked, but I couldn’t feel it. The only thing I could feel was my body slipping into uncharted territory.

“I don’t think it’s being a vampire that is the allure, it’s you.”