Chapter 4: Gilbert Doppelgangers the Musical

At least it looked like Elena, nothing like Katherine oddly.

And all I could think was, “Not another doppelganger.” I don’t understand why anyone ever thought we were depleted of doppelgangers, because quite frankly, we had more than we could count.

No. That was a lie.

Because the first thing I actually thought was: oh no. No. No. No.

The world is officially messed up.

“Uh-hhh-“

She raised an eyebrow, “Are you alright? You seem shocked-“

I shook my head and made myself fall out of the dumb struck gaze.

‘Sorry, I didn’t catch your name.”

She grinned, “It’s Elise. Elise Huntington. I’m the head girl, full scholarship, extremely high grade achiever student, and that doesn’t mean you can use me.”

And this time, I was fully dumbstruck. Because of all the Elena doppelgangers in the world, this chick was nothing like any of them. Especially not Katherine, previous to vampirism or present.

And then I sad fact seemed to slam into me.

What if I had found her first? Why did I have to be so careless in finding a doppelganger? I didn’t have to ruin Parker’s life, and Trevor’s doppelganger leverage was never going to work.  Parker wouldn’t be in this mess. I should have been more thorough. I could have been more thorou-

“I’ve been here for six years and no one’s ever looked at me that way. I think we should be friends,” she grabbed my hand, linked it through hers and pulled me along. I could think of a list of reasons why no one would want to be friends with her.

And one for me.

Because it seemed like I was being dragged along the hallway, to the one and only Bennet Witch.

And what Weird non gilbert had just said to me, seemed to be absorbed by my brain.

Parker had known of another Gilbert. Why didn’t he tell me? He could have saved himself a whole lot of trouble.

Unless there was something in it for him.

Oh, how I miss Elijah.