Chapter 8: If Only a Pierce.

“Thank you,” I whispered as he threw me a blanket as I lay huddled on the couch with a cup of Hot co co.

“You remind me of Katherine, and you remind me of the opposite of everything she was,” He whispered, as he sat down on the couch across from mine. His hair was perfect, almost like it had an imaginary force field around it. I shifted in my chair and looked him in the eye.

“I know you were very much in love with her once…” The thoughts lingered. I shouldn’t have said that but I did. “It’s hard not to fall in love with her.” That was me. I had said that.

Elijah looked calculating, “I understand where this is coming from.”

I gave him a small smile but both of us knew it wasn’t genuine.

“How about we talk about something else not involving Katherine evil Pierce? I raised it like a question. After all, this was his apartment and I couldn’t make him agree with me. God knew he was an original, but he nodded to it anyway,

An idea popped into my mind, “ So when did you get this apartment? It looks like a new edition to the situations around here?”

“So you’ve been here longer then I thought you have.” He said as a statement. I shrugged as he continued. “You must know one cannot live with his abomination of a family for long.”

That got a laugh out of me.

There was silence that followed until Elijah looked up from where he was staring.

“Charletta, you’re a Pierce. What are you doing in my house? You won’t find answers from me,” he sighed.

I felt the twang ring in me as it sank in. He thought I was just like my sister.

“I have answers Elijah, you’re the one asking all the questions.”