Chapter 14: To Build a Glass Coffin

Damon went to dispose of Katherine while Stefan helped Elena tend to her wounds caringly. Damon and Elena couldn’t look each other in the eye and I guess something happened at the Michelson’s ball that didn’t go down too kindly. Just before Damon left, he went over to Elijah’s kitchen, pulled out some blood bags from a kitchen cupboard, and stabbed a straw into it, giving it to the awakening Elijah. Elijah ached up and looked at the open closet door and then the hole in the floor and slammed his head back down. Not evening taking in Katherine, or anyone else for that matter. After a moment, he jumped up, looking sick and grabbed onto the blood bag Damon had extended out. He sucked deeply, healing himself and then turned around to Damon, who was holding Katherine by her hair.

“Death doesn’t deserve her no matter what she does. Death is to kind,” he said.

“So, lock her in that cave again. I’ll compel her to never leave it, once again,” Elijah said.

Damon didn’t look satisfied, “We should just lock her in a glass coffin, to watch her suffer.”

“Unless you’re a coffin builder, we don’t have time,” Elijah said.

“I’m sure your brother knows,” Damon snarled. “Even better, give her to Klaus.”

Elijah’s eyes turned dark and he stepped towards Damon, picking up a piece of the door and twirling it in his hands.

“I would rather not compel you Damon, but I will if you seem to disobey,” Elijah said.

Damon growled but started to drag Katherine towards the door, Elijah followed until they were both gone.

“Stefan,” Elena said. “I’m fine, you should go with them. I need to check up on Jeremy anyways.”

Stefan didn’t look to happy but since he was in his new regime where he let Elena choose her own destiny, he stepped back and headed out the door, giving her one last look before walking off. Then Elena stood and looked at me, and I smiled.

Well this was going to be nice.