Chapter 31: All The Pain In The World

But every move I made felt like my bones were searing together and then ripping apart all over again. I winced as he lifted me up. My eyes were closed. I don’t think I could bear for him to see me like this. It was stupid. But the pain grew.

I stifled a scream as he arranged me across his arms. Some of it escaped and Elijah’s body went tense as soon as he heard it.

“You need blood, fast,” He whispered. He started walking; I could feel it. After a while, he stopped. I wanted to open my eyes and ask him why we stopped, but then I felt his breath on my throat and I seized up completely.

“Charletta, open your eyes,” he said firmly. It sounded like he was used to getting his way being an original and all, which was one of the reasons I didn’t, and the other I just told you about. I couldn’t stand to see him. Maybe if I left my eyes like this he would disappear.

“What are you trying to hide from?” Elijah said. “ Klaus and Stefan are gone. Your with me now.”

I stayed quiet.

“Charletta, you open your eyes right now,” he shook me by my shoulders I screamed out in pain. He stopped. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“You haven’t I’m fine,” I said, and opened my eyes to stare straight into his enchanting ones. I had to remind myself to talk again. “ I’m truly fine. Parker will take care of me as soon as you drop me back off at my hotel, if that isn’t too much to ask.”

“I’m not dropping you back.”

“What?”

“It’s time you listened to me.”