Chapter 18: Double Doppelganger Milkshake

I was pushed aside as Bonnie ran out, just as everyone began shouting at Elena.

“Bonnie now!” Elena yelled and everyone in the room apart from Elena, Parker, Damon, Caroline and Ric dropped with a thunk. Except for me, I held my arms out, blocking Bonnies spell with my own little shield, but stood as still as a statue. I had strictly told Parker to stay away from my duties and now he was about to get killed. Elena knew Trevor, from the little moment she got kidnapped, and she had to remember that Trevor wasn’t on the bad side…not really. That’s why Elena faltered.

Damon zoomed up at Parker, going in for the kill, but I didn’t stand still no longer. I pushed my self between Damon and Parker, pushing him back away from Damon. My hat still covered my face as I threw Damon away. I was older, I was stronger.  Elena stepped away, the stake falling from her hands. I ripped it up, mid fall, and held it in front of me, protecting Parker from the onslaught.

“I told you not to come,” I snarled at him, but he refused to stay back. I pushed him back again but he ignored. “Get out now!”

He took one look at me and shuddered and I thundered at him, until a growing pain filled his skull and he walked to the back wall. Damon roared at me, pulling of my hat and ripping his hand through the air. Our eyes met and his eyes grew wider, recognizing, and then turning into murder.