Chapter 15: A Lost Vampire Fondue

“Well what a surprise, I didn’t expect to meet you like this,” I smirked. Elena watched me carefully, crossing her arms protectively around herself.

“You remind me of someone,” She whispered.

My eyes darkened,” Well that’s weird. I seem to recall myself as being a different person.”

I felt the witches leaving me then, so I was fully back to my vampire self. Elena seemed to notice something and moved back.

“You’re a vampire,” She said. Apparently the witches had made me look more like a ghost.

“Surprise?” I chucked.

“Who are you?”

“You can call me Charletta. Just Charletta,” I said, offering out a hand. She rejected it and I brushed it off. “Your Elena. Elena Gilbert, doppelganger to Katherine. Sister of Jeremy Gilbert and expert and being bothered by originals. I’m an expert at being bothered by Katherine.”

Elena raised an eyebrow.

“I come no harm to any of you. I just came to do a job…which seems to have slipped up pretty easily,” my lips turned into themselves. “ But will soon pop up any time…but I’m here to help you Elena.”

“How can I believe you?” She said.

“Well don’t just believe everyone, so I don’t expect you to believe me. I’m not here for you…though I could say I am,” I said, I was clearly confusing myself.

“Which side are you on?” She said, her eyes slitting. I frowned.

“Keep a secret Elena. Don’t tell anyone about my arrival because I’m sure, that will cause hell for both of us. Just pretend like I’m not here.”

“How can you say that?” She looked shocked.

“Well, I just move my mouth and wait for the result,” I smiled.

She rolled her eyes, “I can’t keep this a secret.”

“Well you obviously haven’t been trusted with one then. Well you’ll soon learn in time,” I said.

Then I walked out of the hole door in vampire speed.

“Hope to not see you soon,” I called back.