Chapter 34: Hello? This is A Vampire Speaking. May I Take Your Call?

2 Months Ago...

“Hi, are you the new student?” A girl with stick straight blonde hair and red smack that lipstick asked me. She stood behind a counter and smiled at me with all the fakeness is the world.

Temporarily

“Yeah I guess,” I blushed and flicked my hair as normal students would in Silverhead high. An idea popped up inside my head and I pushed myself forward until I was leaning over the counter, face-to-face. “I was wondering if you could help me with something? I mean I’m such a clueless person an-“

“Sure,” the girl chimed in. “I always help the new students. Matter of fact, I’m the head girl and it’s my job.”

Was this Harry Potter or something?

“I’m looking for a boy,” I whispered, smiling while raising my eyebrows. I pulled out the sketch of Trevor I had drawn centuries back and showed it to her. “He’s new here. He’s my friend. I was wondering if I could take a look at his file. You know, just check if he’s the same person. People can change. ”

The girl smiled but shook her head, “I’m sorry but I can’t let you do that. That’s private and you don’t look like a legal private investigator,” she chuckled at the end of her sentence. “But if you want to know more about this person of yours,” she furrowed her eyebrows, “Then just facebook him, if you haven’t already.”

Facebook, of course. That stupid new technology that I don’t understand. I rolled my eyes and walked off calling, “Well your no help at all.”

And right at that moment of my eye rolling fantasies, I slammed straight into someone. But I didn’t fall and the guy didn’t catch me, for gods sake, this wasn’t a clichéd book. I was a vampire.