Chapter 6: Gone With The Wind

“You've lost your touch. I didn't normally get inside your head so easily, Wicked Vampire."

I ran up to him and chucked my arms around him in a big bear hug. I was the Lexi to his Stefan. But I’m pretty sure we invented that long ago before those two came around.

”Well pretending to be frozen for like 1000 years and not talking to me in the process kinda made me loose my touch, Si. You didn't even call me through mind speak.”

“It was necessary.
”

“Let me guess? You have business to do? People to eat? All that glory. But my question is What are you doing at Silverhead high? It better not because of Halloween. Just because you win best dress every time doesn't mean you can go showing it off Si,” I chuckled.

“Just passing through,” he said, a small smirk across his mouth. A sad small smirk.

“Passing. Through.” My voice turned hard. “Well that doesn’t sound good. Not good at all.”

Silas didn’t say anything. His form had wavered into a handsome teenage boy with black pulled back hair and icy blue eyes. He never did show me his real form. But it’s what’s on the inside that counts ah? Trusting Silas was like breathing, best friends never could doubt each other. But 1000 years had done a lot. I frowned.

“Your going to mystic falls.” I said it as a statement, not a question.

“I need to die, Charletta.”

“And I guess I can’t go all Qetsiyah on ya – wow slow it down – I was just kidding,” I raised my hands up as Silas started clenching his fists.

“Do not joke about her Charletta. I despise her,” he threatened. I was used to his threatening. I had to get over it with the fact that he was the first immortal being in the world. The story of how I met him would be for another time.

“Oh I know. I sat with you for 20 years while you shouted about how much you hated her,” I said, shivering and the thoughts. That was the only time I was truly afraid of him. Of what he would do to himself and everyone around him. He had lost his only Lover, and that was heart breaking in its self.

“And so I must leave. Goodbye my friend. This worlds Chaos.”

I laughed a sad laugh.

“You can’t stay? Not even for a decade?”

“No.”

“And this? Is this the last time I will hear from you?”