Chapter 17: Frolicking with the Vampires

It was afternoon the next day, the best time to head to the Mystic Grill if you wanted to see anyone. So I slipped on a pair of gloves, clothes and a waft of perfume Parker had gotten me when I was gone yesterday, then I headed in. I slipped on a wide brimmed hat and slipped into a table, tapping my feet and watching the table next to me.

Caroline Forbes was sitting there, talking to Bonnie the witch in urgency. Alaric was sitting next to Damon at the bar and Stefan didn’t seem to be around. The door chimed and Elena walked in. I pulled down my hat and smiled at my menu in interest. Matt came to waited me. I smiled up at him.

“Matt, could you get me your finest glass of Lemon lime and bitters,” I said, waving my arms like a fancy lady.

“How do you know my name?” Matt asked, pausing at my table, longer then normal. I looked up at him and caught him with my eyes

“Your name tag silly,” and I chuckled. He scrunched up his eyebrows and looked down at his shirt….which sadly for me, was missing a name tag for the first time in my life. If he has JUST remembered to put his name tag on. I caught him back in the eye.

“We met back in primary school,” I burned my eyes into him, until he nodded and walked away. Compelling him was easier then I thought. I stood up, dropping my bag to reserve my seat, and walked back to the bathroom to make sure that I didn’t look like normal Charletta. I walked into the bright lights and fixed my hair in the mirror, taking each strand of my mousy hair and tucking it into my hat. I looked back up in the mirror to lock eyes with Bonnie. I smiled plainly as her eyes trailed after me.

She grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. I took her hand off as she shook within herself. But I wonder what she felt with a Vampire witch. Some dark and terrible or as light as a Witch. I blocked her, with the witchy power I had so she didn’t feel anything apart from a shiver and smiled.

“I’m sorry, do I know you?”

She apologized and stepped away weirdly, shaking her head.

That’s what I thought. I stepped out of the bathroom and walked into the most oddest situation that I have ever been in. Parker, stood in the middle of the Mystic Grill, while Elena held a wooden stake to his heart.