Chapter 27: This House No Longer Feels Like Home

She lunged at me once again, the root twisting around her fingers as her malicious smile whipped across face. She caught me by the neck, but I grabbed the root back before she could decapitate me. The root slit in half and scattered onto the floor. Katherine roared, putting her hands on my shoulder and slamming a fist right at my collar bone until it cracked. I screamed and slammed her back until she flung up against a wall. I needed blood. I needed blood to heal.

But I couldn’t go as Katherine came at me once again, this time grabbing my arm and snapping the bone clean off. The pain was excruciating. Who knew your sister could hate you this much? I tried to go for her again, but this time she grabbed my left arm and I closed my eyes and waited for that knowing snap. But instead, the ground above us erupted and dirt fell in just as a flood of something I knew too well flooded in. Vervain.

I could handle vervain, and I knew Katherine could to. We were old, she was older, but just by a couple of years. But this amount of vervain with my broken bones, trying to heal was deadly. There were blood curdling screams in the air, and they were by Katherine and i. I could hear her, and I could hear myself as the scream melted into hers. I looked up spotted the two people that I hadn’t seen in the mystic grill before.

Klaus and Stefan.