Chapter 36: All Our Little Broken Things

I jumped back away from Elijah automatically, his grip slacking when the door came off its hinges. I looked at the person I had begun to know but now I would probably know forever. Parker was a Vampire.

How did this happen?

Why did this happen?

Who did this?

Why is here?

And after I went through all the Who, What, Where, Why and How’s I could possible think off in my head, barely any time had past. We all stood and stared at each other. And I felt like a huge truck had hit me. For some reason, I had always liked to know that someone in the room was breathing, real, and then that was gone.

Now he was a vampire, how did I feel?

I felt like I wanted to kill who had turned him and enslaved him to this life. But that was not what worried me the most. Parker was the sweetest human, and now he could probably only think about blood. But what was odd was he was only looking at me.

Then Elijah took his move.

He vampire sped towards Parker, arm stretched out, like he was ready to grab a heart. I could see it in slow motion. Death would behold him in a second.

I screamed.

No. I wouldn’t let him die. Not now, and not forever.

Jumping myself in between, I pushed Elijah throwing him off against into another wall and Parker out the door. Then I turned quickly to Elijah and shook my head firmly.

“You’re not killing him Elijah.”

Elijah looked at me outraged, “He’s unhinged. He’s going to kill you if I don’t kill you. His emotions are out of control Charletta. You have to understand where I’m coming from.

“I do,” I frowned, “but I won’t let you hurt him.”

I turned back to the door, just to see Parker staring at Elijah, and me and then back at me. But he didn’t just stare. No. His stare was filled with agony, and pain multiplied by a billion. Oh no.

“Parker,” I whispered.

His eyes flickered to mine sadly, “Charletta.”

“Who did this to you?” I whispered.

He shook his head slowly. He wasn’t going to tell. He looked over to Elijah and back to me. At least not in front of him. I walked over to him and tilted his chin slowly, feeling his eyes crack red.

“Hey hey,” I whispered, as his emotions sunk, “It’s going to be fine.”

“Charletta,” a hard voice came from behind me. Elijah. I turned slowly to face him. “He’s too dangerous,” he said staring intently at me and where my hand lingered at his face.

“I know, but he’s my responsibility.”