Chapter 23: An Unforgivable Curse

And before I could even have the chance to answer. Parker growled, “Too bad she’s never going to be yours.”

 Parker turned around and slammed his lips onto mine, I stumbled back but Parker, the human, caught me around the waist and pressed me into him. My eyes widened a bit too late and I felt like all the vampireness had disappeared from me. His hand slipped into my hair just as I ripped myself off him and turned to face Elijah. Only he was gone. He was no longer in the parking lot and even his car was gone.

It turned around to face Parker, “What was that?”

Parker shrugged and smirked and I couldn’t but help and ignite a small flame. I didn’t want Elijah to know anything about me, and he seemed to be collecting a basket full.

“You know, I didn’t bring you to be a jerk,” I whispered, thinking he wouldn’t hear, but he looked at me, indicating he did. His face went hard quickly, he grabbed my arms and I allowed him.

“I’m sorry,” he said intensely, his eyes searing into mine. “It’s just that I got you and you and him…seem to have something that I can’t even conside-“

I pressed my finger against his lips. “Parker, if you think I would get involved with an original then you would be crazy.”

He relaxed and smiled, “So it’s just us?”

I didn’t want to tell him there was never a us, but truly, it was kind of a Friends With Benefits relationship. I shrugged and his eyebrows furrowed up. But then he relaxed.

“I’m sorry for acting like a jerk, a jealous boy friend. It’s unlike me. I don’t want to be that type of person, and I know I’ve shown some of that. I came after you in the Mystic Grill because I wanted to protect you, and I’m doing the opposite,” He sighed, and brushed the blonde hair out of his eyes. I gave him a small smile but he didn’t seem too happy anymore. I leaned over and gave him a small peck on the cheek and pulled back with a hopeful smile.

But he wasn’t looking at my eyes, he was looking at my mouth. Staring at it with need. I gave in and allowed him to smother me with him. He pulled back in the middle of a deep kiss and smiled, “I’m unforgivable.”

“You’re an unforgivable curse.”