Chapter 6: The Other Original.

It took me a while to get to a phone booth that was working, but when I did, I didn’t hesitate on calling the very number I had stolen from Carol Lockwood earlier today.

“Hello?” The man answered. I swallowed. “Hello,” the man said again. Before he could say another hello I finally cut in.

“Elijah?”

This was risky.

Elijah had kept me safe from Klaus’s onslaught when he first came to kill our family all because Katherine lured him back.

But he knew I had followed my sister from when she came running towards the Salvatore’s, because he let me go. I was forever in debt to him, but I had promised myself I wouldn’t see or speak to a original again. Cross them once and you wouldn’t know what they would do to you next.

“Who is this?” Elijah said.

I swallowed, “ Once upon a time, I was scared little girl, waiting for her sister to arrive home, but when she did, she tore down my whole life, and you locked me in a closet because you knew…I wouldn’t go down without a fight.

There was a silence.

“Now why is that girl stuck on the other side of a phone telling me about a story 100 years ago that has heartedly been without an ending for so long?”

“I’m in Mystic falls, “ I whispered and I regretted it as soon as his voice turned hard.

“Why are you back?”

“Just sweeping up like Cinderella after her evil sister’s trail.” I said.

There was a silence on the other end and I sighed.

“I don’t know why I called you okay? I’m hanging by a string here and you’re the only person I can say I’ve actually met and trusted for the shortest amount of time, and lookie lookie, you’re here.”

Another silence. I knew this one-echoed trust.

“I might be the other Pierce Elijah, but I am nothing like Katherine. She’s my sister and she’s been leaving a whole lot of a mess and it’s my responsibility to clean this mess up.”

“Where are you?” he said.

I whispered back my address.

“Elijah? Don’t tell them I’m here. If they know, she’ll know.”

I plucked on the receiver and waited, waited until I knew what I was about to do.