41~ Yeah only if you notice!

The last chapter didn't get the required comments. I don't know why do you guys don't comment. It's disheartening to see how my story got 500+ comments in the past and now it can't even get 50🥺

Henceforth I'm not going to give any target as you guys won't fulfill it. So let it be.

But I still hope some loyal readers will comment even when they won't be asked to. A virtual hug to all those who commented on the last chapter 🤗

Inline comments are 😍

-Aranya Iyer-

Two months later

"Are you sure I won't fall?" I drew my brows together looking at the height of the back seat of the motorbike. It was a Lightening LS 218.

"Of course you won't kitten!" Dy smiled gesturing me to hop onto the bike."If you are scared then just hold me tight." He winked.

I hopped onto the bike as Dylan held my hand. It was like I was climbing a mountain.

"Ride slowly. Do not apply the brakes until required. And do not take advantage of sitting with me." I instructed.

"Come on now stop being bossy." He mocked. "Do you really think I'll take advantage of you? How could you think so low of me Aranya? I know you don't love me. Maybe we were not meant to be. But that won't give me the reason to fall out of love with you." He let out an exasperated breath fixing his eyes on the road.

"I love you Aranya. And I would love to spend time with you, behave like a normal couple only when you give consent. I don't understand how could you think I'll deliberately apply the brakes so that you fall on me?" He stated turning around his head in a voice as cold as an iceberg.

"Um Dy uh!" I stammered as I didn't know what to say in this situation.

"Let's go!" He announced revving up the engine of the motorbike.

I didn't say anything more. His mood was sour. Rarely he exhibited his sulken mood. It was my fault after all so staying silent was the best idea then.

My mind went back to the morning where I had to do all the chores as the housemaid was on leave. The butler's mother had met with an accident so he wasn't present too. And I had no idea where had the cook vanished. I was sure Vihan would fire the cook when he would return from London. He was out of town for three days for business purposes. And these three days seemed like three years to me. I missed him so much.

I was already getting late for the office when my car broke down in the middle of the road. To top the misery, when I commenced on my walking journey, my heels broke too. That was when Dylan l,who was passing by, came to my rescue.

Remembering the present situation, I saw through the rearview mirror that Dylan's face was still grumpy. Oh God! He was a tough nut to crack.

"We have reached!" He stated turning off the ignition.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked him.

"Not now!" He half smiled and rode away.

Shrugging off, I spun on my heels.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was a tiring day at office in the absence of Vihan Malhotra. He had given me the responsibility to take care of all the things. I was lost in my thoughts when a message popped up on my screen.

"I'll meet you directly at the party. Will text you the venue. See you soon. Miss you ShortCake."

A big smile appeared on my lips as I read the message. We would be meeting after three days that too in a party. How I wished he would come back home and take me there. Anyways he might be too busy to do that. But what was the party for?