46 ~ Fine I'm wrong

~ Aranya Iyer ~

Three days later

I need to break the ice right now! I thought.

Vihan and I were sipping coffee in the balcony looking over the NewYork skyline. It was the third day since that incident. We didn't talk at all during the last two days. Actually third day saw a little improvement in our tussle as now we were sharing the same space unlike the first two days.

"Vihan are we going to stay like this forever?" I stated without glancing at him.

"It depends! My anger hasn't yet subsided." He sighed while crushing a piece of paper in his hand.

"Same goes here!" I shrugged off.

Again the same dead silence enveloped us for another longer duration.

Atleast you tried! My heart patted me on the back!

"You know what you shouldn't have kissed that Dylan!" He huffed throwing the crushed piece of paper out of the balcony.

"Fine! But why are you littering the lawn downstairs?" I cocked up my eyebrows.

"Wow that does concern you! What about me?" He asked clenching his jaws hiding the paper from my prying eyes.

"Exactly what about me? Despite my misgivings you went on kissing her on screen?" I retorted back looking away from whatever he was scribbling in the next piece of paper.

"And you kissed that motherfucker when it wasn't even the scene. So who's to be blamed? You or me?" He shouted.

"Stop yelling and stop blaming me Longosaur!" I looked in his eye. "That was a reaction to your action."

"So you won't admit that you were wrong, will you?"

"I would like to ask you the same!"

There was a brief pause for a few seconds. We were staring back at each other with equal ferocity.

"Fine I'm wrong!" He broke our heated gaze. "Now it's your turn!" He pointed at me.

"Maybe I was wrong too. But that doesn't justify your wrong deed. I was whimsical that day." He raised his brows for further explanation.

"So what are you gonna expect from a wife whose husband kisses some woman just because all he cares is his business. She isn't that professional to digest such foolish conduct of her husband." I stated in one breath.

"Were you jealous?" He wiggled his brows.

Damn! Here I was discussing an important issue that had made me nuts and here this man was asking such a rhetoric question.

"You're jealous of Dylan, aren't you?" I smirked controlling my irritation.

"Stop playing tit for tat Aranya! You're a grown up! Behave like a matured person. Don't try to hit me back taking his name, which you did that night." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Well, when it has come to maturity, then you know, matured people learn from their mistakes and then move on. We should try that then." Rubbing my head, I sat straight waiting for his answer.

"It's okay to apologise sometimes." He muttered throwing away the crushed paper like a ball. "I'm sorry for whatever happened. I could have ignored that stupid peck. That script wasn't important for business purposes." He announced with his head hung low.

I clasped his hands and made him look at me. He sighed locking his eyes with me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted impetuously. Anyways what's done is done. Let's forget it and move on!" I tightened my grip on his hands and tiptoed to touch my forehead with his.