50 ~ Because--?

Inline comments are welcomed ❤️

~Aranya Iyer~

"Are you fine Mimi?" My mother asked as I squeezed my eyes shut to block away the sudden light as soon as I opened my eyes. Sitting up, I leaned my back on the headboard. My mother was still waiting for a reply.

"Yeah!" I said in a whisper. "Mumma can you give me a glass of water please?"

"Here Aranya!" I looked up and found mom smiling at me.

When did she come? Oh God! Did my mother inform them as soon as I fainted? Now how would I face them? Dealing with my parents was one thing but telling a set of lies to my in-laws was another sort of tension.

"What is this Aranya? You came home and didn't even inform us? And my stupid grandson didn't even accompany you? How rude of him? Don't tell me you guys had a fight?" Dadi entered my room and sat by my side. Her demanding questions were already making me anxious.

"Maa ji relax! Remember she fainted and we just can't drop a bomb of questions on her right now." Mom intervened. Thank God!

"Oh I'm so sorry!" Dadi held my hand.

"It's okay dadi! No problem." I smiled.

"What happened doctor? Is Aranya okay?" My father asked our family doctor Mrs Chauhan as she came inside my room while talking to someone on the phone.

"I'm so sorry I had to attend an important call. Anyways Aranya you need to reduce your stress level. You've to take care of yourself and the life's growing inside you!" She asserted with an open mouthed smile.

My eyes widened as soon as I heard the doctor's advice. Her words 'You've to take care of yourself and the life's growing inside you' played multiple times in my head. As those words got absorbed in my brain, a small smile appeared on my lips. It soon disappeared as our current relationship scenario flashed in my eyes.

It was hard to believe that I was pregnant. I mean we used condoms everytime we made love. Then how did I get pregnant?

Fuck!

Now I remember one day we didn't use in the heat of the moment and I had forgotten to take an emergency contraceptive. Maybe that was the reason for an unplanned pregnancy.

"Is she pregnant?" My mother's words broke my trail of thoughts. Mrs Chauhan nodded in approval. My mother's joy knew no bounds as she glanced at my father who beamed with happiness too. My mother in law and dadi smiled listening to the good news.

Oh God! It seemed they were all waiting for such a wonderful news. And here forget about making babies we couldn't even trust each other. We acted liked kids ourselves then how could we raise a baby?

"Aranya don't take stress as stress needs to be avoided during the whole pregnancy period. The more you're stress free, the more healthier the baby will become." Mrs Chauhan patted my shoulder noticing my creased brows. "Here are some tests that you need to run soon. Since I am leaving for Germany. I'll recommend you to contact the best gynaecologist of this town, my friend Mrs Ananya Chatterjee. Here's her card ." She handed me over the card and scribbled something on the writing pad.

"Oh My God! This is a breaking news. I'm gonna be a great grandmother." Dadi squealed with delight.

"I know how long have you waited to see this day Maa ji." Mom side hugged dadi.

"Yeah and I'm gonna call my grandson right away. How could he allow Aranya to leave alone in this condition? What if she had fainted in the flight itself? What would have happened then?" She slapped her head while thinking about the what ifs.