52~A raspberry perhaps!

Inline comments please ❤️

~Aranya Iyer~

"Are you scared ShortCake?" Vihan asked as we were waiting for our turn to get our blood sucked by the needles.

"No not at all! This is the fourth time, you're asking me the same question over and over again." I scoffed.

"Okay!" He replied with a straight face.

"Hold on! Does that mean you're scared of needles?" I wiggled my brows.

"Nopes! Not at all! Vihan isn't scared of anything." He boasted.

"Says the one who was scared of a gecko!" I muttered under my breath, loud enough for Vihan to hear. Narrowing his eyes at me he got up to take a stroll in the lobby. He ran his fingers through his jet black hair as he admired himself in the tinted glass of the nearby room.

Ah! It was too tempting! I wish I could run my fingers through his hair as he would deeply kiss me as if there's no tomorrow.

Fuck! I was getting horny. What was that even in pregnancy?

"What are you staring at?"

Fuck! How did he see me checking him out?

Tinted glass door dumbo!

"Um - Nothing!" I looked away immediately.

"You sure?" He smirked.

"Yup! By the way the nurse might be watching you from inside." I let out a nervous laugh to divert his attention.

"Shit!" He stepped back and took a seat beside me.

Rolling my eyes off, I fished out my phone from my handbag. Three days had passed and I had no encounter with puke. I was glad that Mrs Rautela's medicine was working and I could enjoy literally every kind of food.

"Mr and Mrs Malhotra!" The nurse announced. "Please this way!" She ushered us in.

The moment we entered, Vihan scrunched his nose inhaling the distinctive 'hospital smell.' He told me first to go. I perched on the stool and easily extended my inner elbow to the blood sucking butterfly needle. I flinched a little as I felt blood being drawn from my vein. But when I glanced at Vihan, he seemed uneasy. It was like he couldn't bear such a sight, not out of a romantic angle but out of fear.

"Are you okay Mr Malhotra?" The nurse asked and asked him to extend his inner elbow.

"Yeah but can you do it nicely so that I don't feel pain?" He asked fearfully looking at the butterfly needle.

"Relax you won't feel the pain!" She said tying his upper arm with a band. "Please make a fist Mr Malhotra." She added.

Vihan did as directed and his head turned towards the opposite direction the instant the nurse brought the needle closer to his inner part of the elbow. He flinched closing his eyes, while clasping my hand with his free hand.

"We're done Mr Malhotra!" The nurse said finding him in the same posture with closed eyes holding my hand for dear life. She smiled and that made me giggle.

Oh God! This man is too timid! Haha!

"Thanks!" He said spinning on his heels.

"What were you smiling at?" He asked straightening his suit trying to toughen his features.

"You're afraid of injections, I can't believe that." I laughed out loud.

"I'm not!" He lied looking everywhere but at me.