54 ~ Vihan why are you taking decisions on your own?

Inline comments please!

-Aranya Iyer-

"Dad!" I walked towards dad. He was already lying on the floor unconscious. "We need to call an ambulance." I cried out watching his condition.

Meanwhile Vihan had already made my mother sit on the sofa.

"I've already called one." Gesturing me to hold mumma, he announced sprinting towards dad.

"Let me help you!" Aswanth mama, our butler whom we fondly call as mama, came forward to help Vihan.

Vihan and Ashwanth mama carried dad and made him rest on the bed.

"Lata tai please bring a glass of water." I requested our housemaid peeling my eyes from dad.

I couldn't believe whatever was happening before my eyes. Both my parents were suffering and I,I couldn't do anything.

Lata tai brought a glass of water. I sprinkled some of it on my mother's face. Thank God, she came to her senses.

"What happened to your dad mimi? Please tell him to wake up." Mumma's lips quivered as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Mumma you need to be strong." I begged.

"The ambulance is here. We need to leave." Vihan stated as some para medical staff dashed into the living room where dad was lying unconscious.

"What happened?" Someone asked.

"He held his heart and the next moment he was on the floor." Mumma answered with fresh tears pooling up in her eyes.

"A stroke." Another said as they lifted dad in a stretcher making way to the ambulance.

"W-what stroke?" Mumma stammered. "Mimi you heard that?" I nodded and gulped down the lump formed in my throat. I couldn't cry before her. I needed to show some strength but to be honest my heart was sobbing inside. I wanted to cry out loud but I couldn't do that in front of everyone.

"Don't worry! Everything will be alright." Vihan said before spinning on his heels.

"I wanna go." I announced.

"Please no! I'll keep you updated." He implored. I knew why he said that. Understanding my situation, I nodded.

"Mom do you want to come with me?" Vihan asked.

"Who will take care of mimi then?" She asked looking at me.

"I'm here. I'll take care of her." An alien voice made our head turn towards the source of this voice.

"Don't you dare do that. You're the reason for everything. Why don't you leave us alone for God's sake?" Mumma yelled at the top of her voice. "And how are you still here? Don't you have a little shame left in you? You should have left this house the moment your dad--" Her voice cracked. "But look what a lousy woman you're! Instead of leaving, you're watching us go through this pain." She added.

I hadn't noticed my sister since the time I had rushed downstairs or maybe I overlooked her presence given the intensity of the situation. But now I couldn't let her ruin my mother's chance to stand by my father.

"Mumma I can take care of myself. Don't worry. Please go with Vihan." I assured squeezing her hands. "Dad needs you." A traitor tear escaped my eyes.

"Take care please." She didn't say anything more but turned on her heels glaring at Ananya.

"Don't worry Mumma. She will be gone by the time you return with dad." I yelled at her back, trying to comfort her raging nerves.