~Epilogue~

A big thank you to everyone for choosing to read this story till the end.

PUBLISHED ON 26TH SEPTEMBER, 2023

Inline comments are welcomed♥️

~Aranya Iyer~

"Vihan!" I murmured as my eyelids almost dropped shut. Was I fainting?

"No she can't faint at this moment." I heard the nurse say to someone. A screeching sound followed meaning a stretcher was being brought by the ward boy.

"Let's take her to the labour room." Someone suggested.

"Aranya you'll be alright. Just don't worry!" Vihan lowered down his face to meet my eyes. I struggled hard to keep my eyes open. I had panicked a while ago. It felt like I would deliver right on the bed and my baby would get hurt. That was too scary to think over again.

"Where did you go?" I asked taking a deep breath.

"Nowhere! I was having a chat with the nurse." I nodded as the nurses lifted me up to help me lie down on the stretcher.

"I'm right here!" Vihan forced a smile as I was being taken to the labour room. I knew he couldn't bear the sight of my terrible pain.

"Can I have my husband with me, please!" I requested as a fresh wave of labour pain crossed my back.

"We don't allow Mrs Malhotra. But I'll need to take permission from our doctor."

I didn't say anything. In the labour room, I was put on a table where there was a raised platform to spread my legs apart. The nurses were continuously asking me to push.

I didn't know pushing was that hard mahn!

From the corner of my eye, I found Vihan standing by my side. He held my hand and squeezed it in assurance that he was right there for me. I blinked my eyes in approval. But the word 'push' amidst a wave of the toughest pains made me concentrate on the delivery.

"Clench your teeth and give it a hard push." A senior nurse advised. My doctor was busy doing something, probably waiting for the baby to arrive.

Clasping Vihan's hands tighter I clenched my teeth together and used all my might to push the baby out. Eventually I felt a weight falling off from my womb.

Ah! What a relief!

I sighed and caught a glimpse of  Vihan who mouthed 'you did it' to me.

"It's a boy!" The nurse came to me with the baby as I was back to my hospital room.

A glorious smile adorned my face as I held my first born in my arms with the onset of tears as well. Vihan was teary eyed too. Happy tears of becoming parents flowed freely down our cheeks. He caressed our baby boy's head as we both basked in the love for our baby Aavyan.

"Nanz what are you doing? Aren't you ready yet?" My grand daughter barged in breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Just reliving my memories!" I said shutting off the family album.

"Where's your Gramps?" I asked getting up from my armchair. I almost lost my balance but Saanvi, my daughter Viranya's daughter helped me out.

"Nanz be careful!" She said as she helped me out to the bed.

"I'm eighty six but I am still walking nicely you see." I laughed.

"I'll call Gramps right away." She giggled as she left my room.

"By the way what memories were you talking about?" She drummed her fingers on the door while wiggling her brows.

"Well, last night our neighbour's grand daughter in law gave birth to her first child and this sparked all my memories of our first born, your mamu." I said as a memory of that day flashed before my eyes.