51~ "What's the matter? Is there any problem?"

Inline comments please ❤️

~Aranya Iyer~

"Are you sure you don't have problem with my pregnancy?" I asked finally after debating a thousand times with myself. Vihan didn't say anything but got busy in his phone during that moment.

"Of course not ShortCake!" He kept aside his phone, "What makes you think so?" He comforted himself on the couch as he made me sit beside him, staring at me with quizzical eyes.

"Um it was unplanned. We had never talked about having a baby!" I sighed fiddling with the edge of my t-shirt.

"Sometimes the unplanned ones yield the best results!" He beamed eyeing my tummy.

"You're sure, aren't you?"

"Yeah I am 500% sure!" He smiled heartily.

I couldn't express how happy I was at that very moment. My joy knew no bounds when he confirmed that he had no problem with our baby. And here I had hammered my head with overthinking for the last two days. Grrr!

"Aranya are you happy with this sudden good news? I know mom and dadi are at cloud nine and it's also the same about your parents. But other than their happiness, which is natural, I want to know about your thoughts. Are you fine with your pregnancy?" He asked creasing his brows.

"Yeah! More than myself I was more concerned with your reaction." I flashed a sheepish grin.

"Can't believe we're pregnant!" He air quoted the last three words pulling me into a side hug.

"We fight like kids and now we need to take care of a baby." I laughed and he nodded.

"By the way what happened to Rosalie?" I asked making him shift uncomfortably in his place.

"Chuck her! She's enjoying her proceedings to the court for her attempt to defame us." He smirked.

"Great!" I chimed.

He got up and looked for something in my room. I wondered what was he even searching for.

"Aranya I know I've not been a good husband to you. Fuck! I didn't want to marry you even." He came back to my side hiding away something he was looking for. "To avenge for your sister, I married you and vowed to make your life a living hell. Destiny has played an important role in bringing us together." Biting his lips, he stared blankly at me expecting me to say something.

What happened to him suddenly at the middle of the night? Why was he reminiscing our past?

I didn't know what to respond so I didn't utter a word and stared back at him quizzically.

"For the past few months, I've literally been an asshole who didn't take proper care of his wife. I ran behind business and look what it did to us. I've been a complete failure all this while. I didn't see the red flags that came along with Rosalie. I'm extremely sorry for ignoring you in the name of business." He hung his head low probably ashamed of his manners.

"Vihan it's fine. It's our past. Now that we're back together, I'm sure we will create beautiful memories for us and our kid. Let's not look back and stay regretful. Let us learn from our mistakes and appreciate the brightening future ahead." I rose to my feet and held his hands squeezing them in assurance.

I didn't want to hold any grudge against him. I want to forgive him and forget the past and welcome the future with positive mind devoid of any negative emotions.

"Yes you're right! But--" His words broke my trail of thoughts.

"No but or shut! I need to sleep now." I yawned.