Chapter 6

Soon the end of the year arrived, and the final feast arrived. The Gryffindor's thanks to Harry, Ron, and Hermione made them in last place.

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore said cheerfully.

"And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully, your heads are all a little fuller than they were...you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts. Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy-two." The Slytherins started cheering, grinning from ear to ear as they laughed at the other houses.

"Yes, Yes, well done. Slytherin, However, recent events must be taken into account." Dumbledore said. The smiles on the Slytherin's slowly started disappearing.

"Ahem, I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes..." Dumbledore said,

"First — to Mr. Ronald Weasley..." Ron looked at Dumbledore, surprised, blushing.

"... for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor house fifty points." Said Dumbledore, the Gryffindor's started cheering.

"My brother, you know! My youngest brother! Got past McGonagall's giant chess set!" Percy shouted.

"Second — to Miss Hermione Granger...for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor house fifty points." Dumbledore said, after the cheering stopped. Hermione buried her face in her hands.

"Third — to Mr. Harry Potter for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house sixty points." He finally said, the Gryffindor's started cheering again.

"There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom." Neville looked around, his face red. The hall burst into applause, sounding louder than ever.

"Which means we need a little change of decoration." Dumbledore flicked his wand, and the green Slytherin decoration turned into red Gryffindor decorations.

---

The train stopped at King's crossing station; Diana stood up, following her friends out of the compartment.

"I hate summer." Diana signed, as they walked out of the train.

"Come stay with us this summer." George suggested. She shook her head.

"You know my parents won't let me."

"I don't like your parents." Madlyn said from next to her.

"I don't like my parents either." She said, as she put her bag in her cart, and scanned king's crossing for Harry, seeing him in line to get on the muggle side of King's crossing. They joined them, cutting off several people, who glared at them and yelled at them, but they ignored them.

---

Diana hugged Madlyn goodbye before Mads, and Lee ran to their families. She turned to the Weasley and Potter, who were saying goodbye. They spoke to the Weasleys for a little, before her family walked over.

"Come on," Veron huffed, looking around the king's crossing, making sure no one he knew saw him, Diana signed.

"Bye Mrs. Weasley." Diana said, as Mrs. Weasley gave a dirty look to Veron.

"Bye, Diana. Bye Harry." Mrs. Weasley said, as Diana waved to the twins, and ran to follow her parents.