Chapter 25

It was April first. Diana packed the presents, before rushing downstairs and hiding them under a blanket next to her on the couch. She sat down, taking a book out as she heard loud noises coming from the boy's dormitory before they walked downstairs.

"Diana," Fred shouted, making her jump.

"What?" She asked,

"Do you know what day it is?"

"Er?" She said, Fred and George looked at her confused.

"It's April first." George hinted.

"Oh, Happy-" They grinned,

"April fool's day." She finished before looking down at her textbook.

"No!" George shouted, 

"I'm just joking, Happy birthday." She said, closing her book, setting it on her lap, and taking the blanket off the present.

"Ah, Diana. You shouldn't have." Fred said, as Diana handed them their gifts. They sat next to her, Fred on her right, and George on her left. George opened his present first, seeing a mint green sweater.

"Green?" Fred said, 

"Green looks good on gingers. I thought it would be nice." Diana said,

"Don't listen to him, I love it." George said, taking it out of the box, seeing a little G on the sleeve, and a bag of sweets from Honeydukes. He ran his thumb over it, as Diana told Fred to open his, before she forced George to scoot over a little. Fred opened his box before a loud BANG was heard, and his face was covered in ash, and smoke was coming out of the box.

"DIANA!" He shouted,

"That's for my purple hair!" She shouted, as Fred coughed, and whipped ash off his face as George doubled over with laughter.

"It's always my face." He muttered, as Diana stood up and brought out another box for him.

"Here is your real present." She said.

"Should I run?" Fred asked George.

"I would open it. Don't be scared." George teased him, Fred rolled his eyes, and opened the present, seeing somethings from Zonko's joke shop, and a bag of sweets from Honey duke. 

"Thank you, Diana." He said,

"You're welcome."

"I need to go wash my face; I'll see you guys at breakfast. Do not leave without me." Fred said, before he walked upstairs, taking his and George's present to their room. They waited for a couple of minutes before Fred came down, his face now ash-free, and they walked down to breakfast.

As they entered the great hall, several people shouted Happy birthday to them. Angelina walked towards them, she smiled wishing them a happy birthday before she stood on her tippy toes, and kissed George on the cheek. George looked at her surprised, before Angelina rushed out of the great hall, with Alicia behind her. Diana stared her mouth had fallen open, anger rushing through her. 

"Damn, Georgie." Fred said, clapping George on the back. George looked at Diana, who scowled, he felt a little satisfaction at her face.

"Well, um, let's sit down." George said, Diana sat down next to Mads who watched the show with interest. They wished them a happy birthday, before they started breakfast, as Diana clenched at her fork.

---

"Diana," George called as she walked out of the girl's bathroom. She jumped, not realizing George had been waiting for her.

"God, you scared me." She said,

"Sorry," He laughed,

"You're always a little jumpy." George commented, she chuckled rolling her eyes, as they started walking to the common room.

"So, how has your birthday been?" She asked,

"It's been great." He said, she nodded.

"Diana, are you upset with me?" He asked, she shook her head.

"Nope."

"I think you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No," 

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"Ha!" George said pointing at Diana with a pleased grin, as Diana scoffed.

"I am not."

"Is it possibly because Angelina kissed me?"

"No," Diana scoffed,

"No, is your favorite word today." George teased.

"No-of course not." George chuckled.

"Well, I'm sure you're going to." She rolled her eyes, blushing knowing he was just trying to annoy her.

"It didn't bother me." She said, flatly. 

"Alright." George said, not buying it, as they reached the common room. He muttered the password, before they climbed into the portrait hole.